How do I know what the CIFS sign is

Greetings! I just bought one of those networkable blu ray players... I have access to my portable network drive and thus are able to watch downloaded movies... Could you define  how to log in to my  network ... the bluray player asks for a "cifs sign in" in order to stream from my laptop... In lamen terms... I dont know what would the CIFS siign in name would be... How do I know what it is? I cant figure out what or where it will be... 
Answer
Answer

Hi,

·         Who is the manufacturer of the Blu-ray device?

Common Internet File System (CIFS), a protocol that defines a standard for remote file access using millions of computers at a time. With CIFS, users with different platforms and computers can share files without having to install new software.

I would suggest you to contact the manufacturer of the device for CIFS sign in details, also look for the CIFS information from the user manual.

Diana

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 28, 2024 Views 112,109 Applies to: