How do I install Windows Live Mail on Windows 10?

I had to reset Windows 10 on this computer, as well as on another computer and cannot get Windows Live Essentials including Windows Live Email reinstalled on this computer.  Can anyone help me resolve this problem?  I want to get Windows Live Email back on this laptop.  I don't know if others have found Windows 10 to be the disaster that it has been for me,  but I'm certainly not a bit impressed with it.

Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category

(from Windows Essentials/Windows Live Mail/Email/Sending and receiving mail

to Windows Essentials/Windows Live Mail/Installing and upgrading).

Original title: Windows Essentials 2012, especially Windows Live Email

Information to download and install Windows Essentials 2012 is here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/gallery-wlinstall/windows-essentials-2012-photo-gallery-information/6d9e134b-b95a-4b07-8e22-e24ded7cb13f

Windows Essentials 2012 will show as installed in your programs.

The individual programs in the suite will not show under installed programs.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

[merged]

Windows 10 on my new laptop has been an absolute nightmare.  I have done a Windows 10 reset three times.  A fourth time I had a tech, I suspect he was located in India, based on his accent, do a complete reinstallation, with me partly by remote, but it still does not function properly after a few hours.   The tech had even set up the email program included in Windows 10, and it even worked for about four hours.  In the past I have preferred Outlook Express or The Windows Live email program included in Windows Essentials 2012, but right now I don't have any email program working.  And I certainly miss not having one.  Can anyone help me get Windows Essentials to install?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[revised & reposted post-merge]

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows 10 on my new laptop has been an absolute nightmare...Can anyone help me get Windows Essentials to install?

Assuming Windows 10 64-bit...

Please answer each of the following [admittedly tedious] diagnostic questions in a correspondingly-numbered list in your very next reply, preferably without quoting this post:

1a. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?

1b. Did the computer come with Windows 10 preinstalled or was it a Windows 8.1 computer that came with a free upgrade to Windows 10?

1c. Is it the same computer - not necessarily the same problem - as in your 26 Oct-16 thread and/or your 27 Sept-16 thread?

2. What is the full name of your currently-installed third-party anti-virus application or security suite (i.e., not Windows Defender!), if any, and when (approx. date) does your current subscription (if any) expire? 

3. Have you ever run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool?

4. What Version & Build of Windows 10 is currently install? [You can tap the Windows key, type “winver” into the Start menu, and press Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type “winver” into the Run dialog, and press Enter.]

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 26, 2022 Views 5,333 Applies to: