How do I get photos to show full screen on tv when cast from pc.

Hi, I am not sure if anyone can help but here goes. I cast my photos from PC to TV successfully but I cannot get them to show full screen or thereabouts  (centre screen, postcard size). On the PC with picture viewer or picture manager they show full screen no problem. I am using Win 10 currently up to date. The TV is Samsung smart TV 39". 

Any help appreciated.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Rob,

We need more information about your concern so that we can idenfity the cause of the issue. What exactly shows on TV when you try to cast your photos? Does it show a black border? Please do provide a picture so that we can assess it better.

Looking forward to your response.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Radney Dri,

This is how photos present when cast to TV.  This picture is clear but not anywhere near filling screen. I understand if it did not completely fill due to shape but I would have expected a much larger image. Your quick response is appreciated and hopefully you may know of the cure for this.

Regards Rob.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We appreciate you sending us a photo of what you're seeing on your TV when casting your images from the PC.

Just to make sure that we're not missing an information, have you checked the exact size or resolution of these images? As you might be seeing these photos smaller that from what you expect because the actual size is smaller. You may try a photo with a larger size or resolution to see if there will be a difference.

Can you also share with us the device you're using to cast your photos from your PC to your TV?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for responding to my problem.

I am casting photos from file on PC by "opening file", "selecting all", "right click", sub menu "cast to device" , my TV is shown as device available (linked through wireless router) "click" and all are sent to device showing in order. On PC screen is small open box similar to media player with pause, stop, play buttons. I have been experimenting with photo sizes and those with 2048x1536, 1572x829, 1600x1200 and 1408x1800 pixel size show full screen other sizes do not. I have tried resizing photos with Paintshop-ProX9 to 2048x1536 but they still came up as demo photo pasted earlier. dpi on photos that show large is 72dpi.

I have tried to cast a Powerpoint of photos but the "cast to device" is not given as option in sub menu. Is it possible to create "cast to device" in Powerpoint sub menu?

I will keep on experimenting but any further suggestions would be most welcome.

Regards Rob.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Wow! Thank you for those very helpful information, Rob.

Are you using an app to play the photos? If yes, what is the name of the app? Does your PC have options or settings for this?

Have you tried casting photos from a different device but to the same TV? As this can give us a hint which is running correctly and not.

You've mentioned that you've changed the size of the photo? How about the resolution? Have you tried adjusting it too? As your TV might've been showing you pictures with the perfect resolution, and not with a large size picture but poor resolution.

Let's see if doing this from a new administrator account will make a difference. If yes, then your current account might be corrupted. Here's how to create another administrator account in Windows 10.

Keep us updated.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Michelle,

This is not an app that I am aware of but just in the sub menu (Win 10 home, up-to date). I am using a desktop PC. My TV is classed as "Smart TV" and has wireless capabilities. I had to pair both to facilitate this option.

My phone is out of the ark and I do not have all the bells and whistles on it. I do not have Tablet.

You have given me quite a bit to get on with so please bear with me if I am slow with next update (my supervisor (wife) also keeps finding me chores between). I will check if my wife's Laptop (Win 10) can be paired and check results. My other Laptop is Win 7 and I do not think that can but will investigate. I will check resolution also and then Create another administrator account.

Again thank you for your input.  Trying all these different angles hopefully will produce result. I am also going to try copying to memory stick and see what results from that as I can also plug in to the TV with this.

some may think why bother but is quite nice to sit comfortably and re-live our adventures and wildlife photos.

Regards Rob.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That really is totally fine, Rob! We'll be there for you until we get enlightened on this.

I really like the idea of watching photo slides too, just to remember those very special memories.

About reproducing the casting of your PC to your TV, it really is important to do the chores first. Aye, aye to your supervisor (wife)!

Just let us know any update, Rob.

Have a great day!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Michelle,

I have not cured problem but I can copy any photo to flash drive and they appear full screen on TV when plugged in (USB). I wonder if problem lies with band-with of router? I cannot cast to tv from my Win 7 Laptop  although facility is available as "play to" in sub menu it shows error. My wife's Laptop also shows photos in smaller size when cast to TV.

I am still experimenting and not defeated yet.

Sorry update not very constructive but hopefully something may trigger a solution.

Regards Rob.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Rob,

It seems that you may need to play or tweak with the display resolutions both on your PC and the TV until you find a combination that works. The recommended resolution varies for every device and so we cannot really suggest a specific choice. Although this can resolve the issue, there will still be a possibility that other photos that show up in full screen properly might get distorted. Having that said, it is still something that we suggest you try out.

Let us know how it turns out.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for suggestions. I was going to go down those lines as I saw somewhere that due to shape of modern TV's the display settings vary. My monitor is quite antiquated and square in shape. I will keep everyone updated but I am a little slow in my responses as at present everything I have tried has not shown positive results.

regards Rob 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 6,757 Applies to: