How do I get Minecraft on my new computer if I previously purchased it on my old one?

I recently purchased a new computer to replace my old laptop from five years ago. Everything moved over just fine. However, Minecraft is a program that I have struggled with. Around five years ago, I purchased Minecraft for Windows (so I could play with my friends easier). It no longer shows up on the Microsoft store and I can't find it in my library. I have done everything to get it onto my new computer. I need help with this. I have tried to find it in the store, but it says that I should "start my free trial." Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello! I'm Jen, and I'd be happy to help you out with this issue.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Please make sure you are signed in to the correct account you used to purchase Minecraft on your old computer. If the problem still persists even if you're logged in to the correct account, kindly visit the link below to the online version of MS store, login with your account and see if it shows whether you own the game or not. If it shows that you own the game, click the Install/Play button, it should prompt you to open Microsoft store. Let me know how it goes. Thank you.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/minecraf...

I hope this information helps. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll be glad to assist you further.

Best Regards!
Jen :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, the link did not work and it prompted me with a free trial.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Could you please verify if you're on the correct account? Can you check your purchase history on that account and see if Minecraft is listed there? Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 11, 2024 Views 286 Applies to: