How do I get darker text & symbols with Windows 10?

Original Title: Darker Text & Synbols

How do I get darker text & symbols with Windows 10?  When I go I into Microsoft Office the margin ruler is so light I can hardly see it to adjust it.  The text is light & often hard to read.  Also in my fitbit app I can hardly see the arrows I need to click on to save something.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Janice

Answer
Answer

Hi Janice,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

ClearType font technology makes the text on your screen almost as sharp and clear as text that's printed on paper. It's on by default in this version of Windows.

To turn on ClearType

1.       Open the ClearType Text Tuner by clicking the Start button or press Windows key + X, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type cleartype, and then click Adjust ClearType text.

2.       On the first page of the tuner, select the Turn on ClearType check box, click Next, and then continue clicking Next until you reach the last page.

3.       On the last page of the tuner, click Finish to turn on ClearType. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

To tune ClearType

You can use the ClearType Text Tuner to adjust the legibility of the text on your screen to your visual preference.

1.       Open the ClearType Text Tuner by clicking the Start button or press Windows key + X, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type cleartype, and then click Adjust ClearType text.

2.       Make sure the Turn on ClearType check box is selected, and then click Next. On each page, click the text sample that looks best to you.

3.       On the last page of the tuner, click Finish to save your settings. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.
Regards,

Guru Kiran

106 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 9, 2024 Views 23,832 Applies to: