How do I get ads to stop blocking the screen while playing Sudoku?

Does anyone know a way, besides paying, to get the ads in Microsoft Sudoku to stop blocking the board and stay where they are supposed to? I played for months and it was fine, but then all of a sudden they block the screen with no way to stop them: reloading the game isn't working, and I can't pay them for it. 

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if it helps.

Kindly get back to us with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried that, but it didn't help. Before I didn't have a choice about it being full screen, but now I do. The only time the ad doesn't cover the top corner is when I narrow the screen while it is on computer mode (it doesn't work for tablet mode). While the ad no longer covers the screen in that single format, the boxes become almost too small to use. I'm not sure why these two features (minimize and the ad thing) changed when it worked so well before. 

Thanks for your help!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I experienced that same thing last year and it was directly related to the coding from Microsoft technicians in how the ads were displayed.

But that's been corrected...only took them a week to fix that...

However, there are still problems.

Microsoft is NOT checking the work of the coders.

There is today, 3/2/2017, a Toyota Prius ad in Microsoft Sudoku. Each time it displays (Toyota pays a lot so it appears every minute or so) the user cannot click - on anything. The timer for the game continues, but NOTHING else works when the ad displays. You can't close the window or anything else. I've even run the mouse all over to click in various areas to see if it's an overlay window. I don't think it's that since even while that ad is running there is a little activity, although no action can be taken.

It seems logical that the code in the ad is interfering with the game code.

The only way to get the game to work is to...wait...until the ad changes.

There is either a pop-up overlay that is causing the problem, or simply the code itself that is causing the game to error so that the user cannot click on anything.

Don't blow this off as "user error". I've been working on and with computers since 1986 and assembling as well as fixing computers since 1995. I'm also a Web developer. So it's not like I'm some nube.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 360 Applies to: