How do i Get administrator privileges?

I installed a game called the sims 1, did all of the downloading, but when I opened the game, its said 'access denied and I need to enable administrator privileges. Help? Yet I'm the administrator.

[Moved from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10]

Hi Amelia,

Older games that uses a disc installer usually runs into compatibility issues, especially when installing it in a new operating system such as Windows 10. May we know how you installed the game? Also, have you checked with the game developer if the Sims 1 is compatible with Windows 10? In the meantime, below are some things that you can try:

Method 1: Run the compatibility troubleshooter to automatically detect and fix some of the most common issues with running older programs.

a. Type in the name of the program in the search box, right-click on the search result, and then select Open file location.

b. Right-click on the program, select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.

c. Select Run compatibility troubleshooter to run the program.

Method 2: Run the program in compatibility mode. This runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

a. Repeat steps a and b in Method 1.

b. Under Compatibility mode, tick the checkbox for Run this program in compatibility mode for:.

c. Click on the drop-down menu and select Windows 8 or older.

d. Click Apply, and then OK.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 1,358 Applies to: