How do I disable "Sign into your Microsoft account" nagging?

I have Windows 10 Pro.

I frequently get the following notification on my local Windows account:

The option "No thank you, and don't remind me anymore" is missing.

How do I completely disable this annoying nagging? I understand that Microsoft's intention is to be annoying enough so that you eventually press "Sign in" just to get rid of the notification. I have no need to sign into a Microsoft account in this computer, and I don't need to reminded anymore. If the need however arises, then I can sign in without a reminder.

I have set the following Group Policy: Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options -> Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts: Users can't add or log on with Microsoft accounts. But this has no effect.

Why do I even get this reminder, since the policy prevents (or at least should prevent) Microsoft accounts?

To repeat my question:

How do I completely disable the "Sign in to your Microsoft account" notification?

|
Answer
Answer

If the end of this other thread is correct, then, in the Group Policy editor, navigating to:

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Account Notifications

and enabling the setting:

"Turn off account notifications in start"

allegedly stops the annoying Start Menu notification in question. I would be very interested to hear whether that works out for you.

That setting seems to correspond to the "DisableAccountNotifications" setting, which in turn corresponds to

creating a new DWORD value named "DisableAccountNotifications" with a data value of 1

in the Registry location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AccountNotifications

...which would allow those of us without access to the Group Policy editor to also silence those notifications 😊

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 26, 2024 Views 900 Applies to: