How do I create a desktop shortcut for an app that I can only access through the start menu?

I just installed Netflix and want to make a desktop shortcut (not pin it to start menu or task bar). It appears in the start menu but I can't go anywhere from there. Just about every tutorial I've looked up on how to create a shortcut says I need to look for "Show all apps" in the start menu, which is never where they say it is. They also always say right-click the app in the start menu and click "Open file location", which doesn't appear either. I tried looking for the file directory manually, but I can't find it.

If you simply give me a file directory that I can use to make a shortcut, that's fine I guess. But i'd like to know how to make a shortcut to an app via the start menu, because there are other things I have that I currently can only access through the start menu, and I like everything I use being on the desktop.

Answer
Answer

Hello Zergur, 

You can use option 1 in the tutorial below to drag and drop the Nexflix app shortcut from the Start menu to your desktop to copy the shortcut there.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/93296-create-shortcut-app-file-folder-drive-website-windows-10-a.html

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 24, 2024 Views 5,742 Applies to: