How do I add an AOL email account to my Surface Pro

How do I add an AOL email account o my Surface Pro

Try checking the Store.  Can't be for sure but I think I saw it when I was going through the "Communications" category.  Just open the Store and then open the charms bar and type "AOL" in the search box.

If you want to add AOL to Outlook, you will have to check with AOL for the settings.  The Mail app in Windows 8 has a link for AOL but you don't want to use that "thing" for email!

James R. Vinyard

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried adding AOL to the Surface email client and it kept failing with "unable to connect" errors.

I was looking for a client that would store the emails offline.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have the Pro model, try AOL themselves and I believe they have a regular Windows app for email.  Don't know if the client program will store emails offline though.  Most of these services are turning to webmail only and are dumping IMAP.

If you have the RT, and if there is no AOL app in the Store, then with the Metro UI Internet Explorer, you can go to your AOL mail page and "pin" the web page to the START screen and use it as the app.  Storage of emails, will be on the AOL site though.

The Mail app in Windows 8 is a disaster and a joke.  By design, it looks a little like the Mail app in teh Macintosh or iPad.  Function is not proving to be very good either but seems to do the job for the simple user.
James R. Vinyard

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2024 Views 3,893 Applies to: