How do I access all programs in windows 10 (not uninstall site)?

I want to paste an icon on my home page for a program, and all I can get is install/uninstall site.  I'm used to being able to getting quick access to a selected program on Windows 7.  Any suggestions? 

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hi Jack,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1. Which program you are referring to?

2. What is the make and model of your computer?

Please reply to us with the detailed description of the issue, so that we will be able to assist you in better way.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

HELLO ! ON MY OLD WINDOWS 7  PROGRAM I COULD ACCESS ALL PROGRAMS FROM THE START/SHUTDON BUTTON AS THEY WOULD ALL DISPLAY AND ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS CLICK ON IT AND YOU AUTOMATICLY WERE TAKEN THERE ! WHERE DO FIND THIS FEATURE ON WINDOWS 10 THAT I HAVE JUST UPGRADED TO ?

YOURS,

MICK KAVANAGH.          

85 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mick,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; on Windows 10, you can just type the program name/application in the search area in the task bar and all the application related to your search will get listed. You can just select the program/application to launch it.

You can also click on the start button, and then click on the all apps options to view all the application/programs. Same way you can just click on the application/programs to launch it.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No you cannot.  For example I go to Add Remove Programs.. I can clearly see Windows Movie Maker 6.0.   I cannot find this application to launch it.   Where can I go to see ALL my installed Programs so that I can launch what I need.   I think Mick's question was very simple and not difficult to answer.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Let me ask again.  Where can I go in Windows 10 to see all my Programs so that I can launch the one I want.   And don't say search because you cannot search for it.   And secondly when I search for something I want it to be my computer specific not the WEB.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I want to paste an icon on my home page for a program, and all I can get is install/uninstall site.  I'm used to being able to getting quick access to a selected program on Windows 7.  Any suggestions? 

In Windows 10 what you do is left-click, hold and drag the icon you want from the All Apps list onto the desktop.

example: Adding Photoshop Elements from All Apps to the desktop

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No you cannot.  For example I go to Add Remove Programs.. I can clearly see Windows Movie Maker 6.0.   I cannot find this application to launch it.   Where can I go to see ALL my installed Programs so that I can launch what I need.   I think Mick's question was very simple and not difficult to answer.

Yes you can.... All of your installed programs are listed in the All Apps list under the Start button.

Your issue is that Movie Maker 6 specifically is Vista era software that is not natively a Windows 10 compatible program. You have to do manual edits to make it install properly and put an icon in the All Apps programs list. Otherwise the equivalent new version of Movie Maker is part of Windows Essentials 2012, as in my screen capture.

If you want to use Movie Maker 6 in Win10 there are custom installers for it at the link below which should do the necessary changes to make it work and show up in the programs/apps list.

http://movies.blainesville.com/2010/05/installing-windows-movie-maker-60-on.html

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I want to access Adobe Flash on my computer, already downloaded

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I want to access Adobe Flash on my computer, already downloaded

Are you talking about the browser plugin? You don't need to install one for IE or Edge since Win10 already has it pre-installed. Chrome has its own Flash plugin as well. For Firefox once you've installed the plugin open this page to know whether Flash is working properly or not.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 8, 2023 Views 10,992 Applies to: