how can I remove a duplicate drives in navigation pane

My back up disk, external drive shows up twice when I check "my  PC"

How can I delete one of the drives?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Answer
Answer

Hi,

If your external drive is appearing twice in the navigation pane of the File Explorer, you may try the steps below to remove them. Please note that the method involves changes in the registry editor. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using it. We suggest that you create a system restore point before proceeding further.

1. Press Win+R to bring up the Run dialog box, type regedit and hit Enter.
  2. In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following Path:
    32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders

64-bit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders
  3. Right-click on {F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83} and then click the Delete button. When prompted with a confirmation dialog, click the Yes button to delete the key.

Deleting the key should remove extra USB drive entry from File Explorer in Windows 10. However, if you still notice the drive entry appearing twice, simply sign out from your account and sign back in. You may also need to restart Explorer. To do so, open Task Manager, click More details, find the General tab, under it locate File/Windows Explorer entry, right-click on the entry and then click Restart.

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to post back.

99 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2024 Views 33,404 Applies to: