How can I make a application open on a specific monitor every time?

I currently run a desktop with two monitors, one being an Asus, and the other a Vizio TV. The problem I find is that I will be watching netflix or youtube on the Vizio, close the application and then go to sleep. When I get back on my computer and open google chrome or it will open on the TV even though the TV is not turned on. Unlike a monitor the TV won't automatically turn on when I start my computer and takes about 5-10 seconds to show a picture after I've pressed the power button. This makes it very obnoxious because I have to wait to use chrome so I can drag it back into my Asus monitor. 

What I'm asking is if there is anyway so I can assign Google Chrome, or any application (Because it doesn't just happen with chrome) to a specific monitor, that way it will always open on the one I have turned on/my main one (The Asus). Please help, this seems miniscule but when it happens 3 times a day it gets quite annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Selecting a default screen for a certain app or program is currently unavailable. When you open an app, it will open in the primary monitor. What you can do is setting your computer's monitor as the primary display. To do this, kindly follow the steps below.

1. Press Windows key + I and click System.
  2. Under Select and rearrange displays in Display, click Identify to see which monitor is currently the primary display.
  3. Set your computer's monitor as the primary.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the reply, but i'm afraid your wrong. Currently (On my computer) apps open on the last display they were closed on. Hence my issue. Im not sure if that's maybe another setting I have turned on/off? If everything opened on my main monitor that would be great.

81 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 26,108 Applies to: