how can i fix error code 2147500037

Question Info

Last updated November 12, 2019 Views 41,661 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

1. When exactly how are getting this error code?
  2. Which application are you working with?

Your post does not contain sufficient information to help troubleshoot the issue, please get back with more information so that we can assist you better.

You may also refer to Suggestions for asking a question on help forums prior asking a question.

76 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am getting this error code when I try to "print" my homegroup password and ONLY at that time.
Thanks ET
"never tell a lie, it's easier to remember the truth"

1124 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Eddie,

1. Could you please let me know if other print job works fine? Could you print a document from Word or NotePad?
  2. Is this the complete error message "Your homegroup password couldn't be printed
    An error occurred while Windows was trying to print your homegroup password. (Error code: 2147500037)" you are getting?

If yes, then this error is displayed when Internet Explorer is not your default web browser. To fix this error, and allow you to print your homegroup password, you first need to set Internet Explorer as your default web browser. Instructions on how to do this can be found in the following mini-guide:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/make-ie-default-browser#ie=ie-9

After that, please refer to the steps in the following link to create a new homegroup:

HomeGroup from start to finish

22 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

What if one doesn't want Internet Explorer as their default web browser? I've used Mozilla Firefox for years now and don't want to change back to IE.  HELP!!!!!

19 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Eddie,

1. Could you please let me know if other print job works fine? Could you print a document from Word or NotePad?
  2. Is this the complete error message "Your homegroup password couldn't be printed
    An error occurred while Windows was trying to print your homegroup password. (Error code: 2147500037)" you are getting?

If yes, then this error is displayed when Internet Explorer is not your default web browser. To fix this error, and allow you to print your homegroup password, you first need to set Internet Explorer as your default web browser. Instructions on how to do this can be found in the following mini-guide:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/make-ie-default-browser#ie=ie-9

After that, please refer to the steps in the following link to create a new homegroup:

HomeGroup from start to finish

OMG... Almost 2 years later and this still hasn't been fixed?  I cannot believe MS FORCES one to use IE for this ONE SIMPLE TASK - Give me a break.  I set IE as default and, after it loaded almost every add in the entire world and started pop-up and pop behind windows with even more adds, printed my homegroup password and then quickly reverted to Firefox as my default browser.   Come on MS, get your act together, there is no reason to force us to use IE for anything.  Please?

13 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for the Update on related issue.

If OP (original post) writer would not reply with the details then how can we reach the conclusion. Please do not blame Microsoft or Internet Explorer unnecessarily and without any research. What you thinking is just an assumption. We certainly like if our valuable users use our programs but it bring no good to our program by enforcing users to uninstall third party program.

Please think other way around, Internet Explorer and Windows shares system files and if would be obvious if Windows need Internet Explorer active during course of troubleshooting.

Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.     

Regards,

Shivam Kesarwani

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for the Update on related issue.

If OP (original post) writer would not reply with the details then how can we reach the conclusion. Please do not blame Microsoft or Internet Explorer unnecessarily and without any research. What you thinking is just an assumption. We certainly like if our valuable users use our programs but it bring no good to our program by enforcing users to uninstall third party program.

Please think other way around, Internet Explorer and Windows shares system files and if would be obvious if Windows need Internet Explorer active during course of troubleshooting.

Please feel free to reply, in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.     

I did not have to uninstall Firefox but rather I said I had to make IE the default browser in order to view and print my homegroup password.  When I did that, IE blasted my screen with pop-ups, pop-behind and browser adds all over the window.  Granted, I've not used IE and added ad blockers but, I found it extremely annoying.  I printed the password and then changed my default browser back to Firefox.

I made no assumptions, what I said is exactly what happened.  There is no reason one should have to make IE the default browser in order to complete a task.

20 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Original Title:

Network Programs Network Networking Internet Website Web Site URL Web Site

17 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Original Title:

Network Programs Network Networking Internet Website Web Site URL Web Site

Are you saying the "fix" is to make IE the default browser?  If so, you're placing the fix upon the customer rather than where it truly belongs - printing from any browser.

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Shivam you still have not answered the problem. I am in the midst of the same problem where I get a print error when trying to print the homegroup password, Changing to IE Explorer is not a good answer. Since you are an engineer, you know this, Years ago MS lost in court trying to force IExplorer on the customer.

45 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.