How can i change my new SSD into the C drive?

I recently bought a SSD for my computer and migrated the OS to it from the old HDD. I looked up how to change the letter for the drives as well but i can not seem to get the new SSD to be labeled as the C drive. I was wondering how do i make it so that SSD becomes the C drive and the old HDD drive becomes the new D drive.
Hi, I am Van. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be glad to help you today.

You cannot change the drive letter while OS is running. The faster way to change your SSD drive to become your main drive is, shutdown your machine then remove all the drive attached to the pc except the SSD that you want to become the primary drive. Just make sure that it has the OS and it is the first boot priority in BIOS. Start your machine, it should now become the drive C: automatically. After you confirm that it was changed to drive C. shutdown again your machine, then reattached the rest of the drive.

Please let me know how it goes. so we can further diagnose the issue if the above fix does not work.

Best regards,
Van
Van S.

39 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2024 Views 15,514 Applies to: