Hide IP Address

I live outside the USA temporarily and would like to be able to access Netflix, Hulu, etc on my new computer which uses VISTA 64 bit. I need to know a safe software that is compatible with Vista 64 bit and will allow me to hide my ip address if possible. I tried Hotspot shield but it did not seem to work on Vista. Works on my husbands Window's XP just fine tho.

Please let me know if there is something safe out there.
Thank you
Answer
Answer

Hi Island Girl TCI,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers Community Forums.

Technically it is not possible to hide any IP address of a home network, if you do this you wouldn’t be able to browse Internet, because IP address helps locate and communicate over Internet.

But you may hide your IP address using Anonymous Proxy Server which will act as a intermediary for requests from clients seeking resources from other servers.

An anonymous proxy server requests for Internet information on your behalf using its own IP address instead of yours which will result websites see proxy servers IP address instead of yours.

There are many free and paid anonymous proxy servers available on Internet to browse through a website hiding your IP.

I would suggest you to have look at this guide which discusses how to keep your surfing safe and to your self.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Keep-your-surfing-to-yourself

Hope this helped.

Thanks and Regards

Yaaser

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 15, 2022 Views 6,635 Applies to: