Help with malware infection?

I have been infected by malware that has taken management rights on Edge. I also keep seeing notifications for “universal browser” updates. I went in my computer’s registry and deleted one suspicious file and have found a thing in ExtensionInstallForcelist called “1” with “Data” of random letters. I cannot modify it in any way. Help would be greatly appreciated.

|
Hi, good day! I'm Jerico T., I understand that you're having some issues right now, I'll do my best to help you with your concern.

Please boot your device in safe mode and run a full scan of your antivirus. By running the scan in safe mode, the virus will be less likely to be able to interfere with the scan and your antivirus will have a better chance to remove any threats. Click the link below for the steps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sta...

Once the scan is complete, before you restart your computer to normal boot, please perform clean boot, click the link below for the steps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

Please do let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Jerico T.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

From the first step here, I’m seeing the message “Something didn’t go as planned. No need to worry - undoing changes. Please keep your computer on. “

It’s been a couple minutes now. My laptop keeps restarting and showing the message and then restarting again. The last thing I did before this started was type in my buttocks key and select safemode with networking. it’s been at least 10 minutes of this process happening over and over as I write this reply. Do I keep waiting?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I’m in safe mode. Can’t access the internet (despite choosing safe mode with networking when booting up). I also can’t access my antivirus scanners. They simply won’t open - be it the external protector I downloaded or the Windows antivirus scanner. Clicking on the button does nothing. I don’t know what the problem is tbh. All these started in the last two weeks. I’d installed nothing but the windows updates in this time and I open the laptop one morning to see malware of all sorts disrupting my browser.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The exact same happened with me.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yh. I’ve abandoned it. I couldn’t find a way around that at all and was hoping I’d get a response from the Microsoft Advisor. Were you able to figure something out to at least be able to do something with the laptop?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 283 Applies to: