HELP! I've encountered the SrtTrail.txt problem!!!

My laptop with Windows 8 Pro 64-bit won't start properly. Every time that I start the laptop up, it tells me that I have a problem and it needs to restart. It then tries to auto-repair the system. I have BitLocker installed on my machine, encrypting my C:\, so it asks for the recovery key. When I enter the recovery key it tries to diagnose my PC. After about a minute, I get told that auto-repair couldn't repair my PC, and the file which is causing the problem is C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt. I've tried all of the advanced options but they don't seem to be working as after using them it loops. Has anyone got any ideas on how to sort this problem out? The laptop I'm using is a SONY Vaio Duo 11 Ultrabook and I've had i for around 2/3 months.
Answer
Answer

I followed the steps to enter the command in the command prompt. When I do I get the following message:

The drive, the path, or the file name is not valid.

I entered the following in the command prompt:

Chkdsk/f/r X:C

any further ideas?

Actually the command is chkdsk /f /r C:      not X:C

2550 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Root cause found: 
---------------------------
Unknown Bugcheck: Bugcheck 3b. Parameters = 0xc0000005, 0xfffff8018302da72, 0xffffd000cb3c8500, 0x0.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff558949%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

(BING search for
    Bugcheck 3b
)

<quote>

may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.
</quote>

If you can get into the Advanced boot options, try using the Low-res video option.   BTW it helps to have a boot menu to facilitate that.  Otherwise using bootable recovery media may be necessary.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

697 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 7, 2024 Views 386,775 Applies to: