Hello, I've been getting a BSOD Loop for 2 days straight in my Windows 10 PC, with the Critical Process Died stop code.

I'm already frustated and stressed with this current situation, i had a project deadline tomorrow but i couldn't touch my work because the constant BSOD Loop. And before this i also had a problem with the System Automatic Repair loop and couldn't boot to windows at all, I've fixed this by buying a new SSD and reinstalling my windows, but one day after that my PC suddenly froze and then i got a BSOD with a Critical Process Died stop code while i'm browsing the internet, searching for a nice wallpaper to use after I reinstalled my Windows.

I've tried to unseat my ram and another components, cleaned my VGA and PSU, and booting with only 1 ram stick. I also did a startup repair and using system restore point, but everything failed with an error. I've also checked my hard drive with "fsc scannow" but there's no visible problem. My guess is there's some corrupted windows files so i also tried to uninstall the updates, but it always failed. In the end i decided to reset my pc and keeping the files, but when its start to load my PC just froze and got a BSOD again. I can't even use my PC for 5 minutes and it's getting worse. I'm afraid my new SSD would be corrupted again, my savings already gone and i couldn't buy another one. Is there any advice so i could escape this situation?

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Are you able to get into Safe Mode using these steps?

Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down

Do this twice

On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt... etc.

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Settings and click Restart
Upon restart, press 5 to enter Safe Mode

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I could boot into safe mode but when i tried to enter my pin, its said that "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign in option or wait at least 2 hours and try again" right now i'm trying to copy my files with the Notepad method and then go with a clean install again, but i couldn't open the Appdata folder.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you able to drag the AppData folder onto the USB without trying to open it?

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, i can't even found the folder when i'm accessing the user folder. And when i tried to copy the files inside it (like downloads folder), there an "A Device Which Does Not Exist Was Specified" error.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What data is in the AppData you need to access?

Power to the Developer!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's the folder of my digital painting software (Clip Studio Paint), i had my settings, configuration and brushes inside it. If i tried to do a clean install with a bootable usb, could i maintain it? Since using the reset option isn't doable because i kept getting BSOD. I also tried to copy my steam game folder but keep getting the same error.

But well actually, i couldn't careless, i just want my PC to be normal again and not damaging my new SSD. The programs could be downloaded again, and my projects mostly stored on my HDD.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is not really possible to keep that data while clean installing Windows, the only way would be to put that drive into an other PC to copy that data from it.

Power to the Developer!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh wait, i think i could access my windows without entering a pin. Although it's still froze after a few seconds and then entering BSOD again. I've tried to use safe mode before and it last much longer than the normal boot.

So after entering the safe mode, what should i do?

Edit : Nvm the safe mode still requires me to enter the pin.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you can get into Safe Mode, you should be able to drag the AppData folder out onto a USB to create a backup of that folder, if not, try changing security permissions on that folder

Power to the Developer!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, just an update... So i've reinstalled my windows again, and yeah i lost my data again after i changed my SSD. And guess what? For a few days my PC could run normally, i could do my work, i could play my games. But suddenly after i put my PC to sleep on booting it on again, my pc got stuck on a blackscreen with a little strip on the upper left corner. I immediately knew this is another bad news, and yeah even i could boot into my windows, it will suddenly freeze and boom, another BSOD with Critical Process Died Stopcode.

I don't know what to do anymore, I've changed my SSD, i did a clean windows installation, and even i succeed on a clean install i'm sure the BSOD will follow me again. What the hell is the problem?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 30 Applies to: