HDMI sound output not working...

Not going into to much detail.  I usually watch movies on my TCL tv. I just Enable it as a dual monitor, then go to sounds, and enable it as the only one that can play sounds, drag over windows media player, and make it full screen.  Now, no sounds play.  When I test, it shows green bars show sound is playing, but it doesn't make a sound on my TV at all. I know the speakers work, I can hear it on other things, and this worked, literally a day ago...
One day ago I updated my BIOS(Only thing that may have done this) to my computers updated, rite thing or w.e you want to call it.... Exact model and everything, so I don't think that is the issue.

Please do answer like I am a retard, with things like "Check to see if it is muted" Or all the other moronic answers I have seen some people post.  AND ITS NOT A TV PROBLEM. I TESTED ALL HDMI INPUTS, NONE WORKED, BUT THEN TRIED COMING FROM MY CABLE BOX, AND IT DID...  

Hi,

Method 01:

Step 1:

a)      Enable Digital Audio (S/PDIF) in your volume control options.

b)      Connect your HDMI from your computer to your TV’s HDMI/DVI input port.

c)      Set your TV input to HDMI/DVI input.   You won’t have sound yet.

d)     Turn off your TV, and turn off your computer.

e)      Turn on your computer first and your TV second. Wait for your computer to boot before turning on your TV. If you get sound out of your computer when it boots, something is still not right. If you got it working, your computer sound should be dead audio wise.  Even your headphones shouldn’t be working.  All audio should be going to the HDMI port.   If it’s not working yet, try setting Digital Audio as your default, although this shouldn’t be necessary.  Unplug headphones and all other non-HDMI output from your computer.   Reboot your computer.   If sound comes out of your computer on reboot, it’s still not working.  Keep playing around with sound options.

f)       f. Boot sequence is critical. Computer first, TV second.

g. When you get to the point where computer sound is disabled.   Turn on your TV.  It   will be working.

Step 2:

Once you get the TV sound working, you can use the TV audio output and connect it to your PC gaming speakers for awesome sound.

a. Make sure you are connected to the TV via HDMI.

b. Switch to projector only.

c. Open sound control panel.

d. Right click on your digital TV make as default playback device.

The next time you try to play anything with your HDMI cable the video and audio will work without setting anything.

Method 02:

I would suggest that you download and install the updated drivers for the video adapter by visiting the computer or adapter manufacturer website and check if the sound works on the computer.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/no-sound-in-Windows

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Didn't work at all.  Tried it all exactly how you said.  When I started the PC, no sound came from my computer, it said it was going to the tv, but the tv didn't make a sound at all.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2024 Views 3,877 Applies to: