Having smiley face on blue screen very often recently

I'm not sure is my machine having the problem or the Windows 8.1 Professional which causing the issues.

I didn't encounter the blue screen with the smiley before I moved to Windows 8.1 Professional, not happening before on Windows 8.1.

My current machine is Lenovo Y410P, if anyone has the resolution to my problem, feel free to light me up.
Thanks.

Hi Sheau,

This could be due to the power failure on the Laptop during the installation of Windows 8.1 update on the computer. It seems that you are getting a "Blue Screen Error on the computer. These type errors usually occurs when a serious problem causes Windows 8 to shut down or restart unexpectedly. There are multiple reasons why this type of errors occurs on the computer. In this case, the issue could be due to the damaged or corrupted System Files on the computer.

The PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA bug check has a value of 0x00000050. This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced. I would suggest you to see the following links:

Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/windows/hardware/ff559023%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms854882.aspx

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.
Note:
Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable or uninstall your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable or uninstall it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled or uninstalled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Also Please check the private message and respond to the private message accordingly.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Vijay,

I'm getting different kind of errors which causing the Blue Screen.

I've tried to re-install the whole OS fresh on another HDD, it still give me the same problem.

My computer populated with 2 x 8GB RAM, I've swapped one of the 8GB RAM.

No antivirus application installed yet on the new fresh image, still having the same errors as previously.

Thanks.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I would also suggest you to post the event viewer logs here, so that we can check it and identify the exact issue. Refer these steps:

a)      Go to the Start Screen, type in Event Viewer. This will bring up the Event Viewer tile, Click to open the event viewer.
b)      In the left pane, expand out Windows Logs. Click on Application log and highlight the first event in the log and use your arrow keys to scroll down.
c)       Most of your event will be Information. You may see Yellow Warnings or Red Errors. If you see any red error, you can double click on it to bring it up and copy the contents to a document.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Vijay,

Now I even have a haunted experience with Windows 8.1 Pro.

Any of my application will crash in the midst of working by itself, and every time I would like to re-launch the application, it's not successful.

Following is one of the sample in Event logs on Powerpoint:

Faulting application name: POWERPNT.EXE, version: 15.0.4454.1000, time stamp: 0x509a39f9
Faulting module name: oart.dll, version: 15.0.4615.1000, time stamp: 0x534cd876
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000ed98
Faulting process ID: 0x7d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf869f52f34343
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\Root\Office15\POWERPNT.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\Root\Office15\oart.dll
Report ID: 62b052f9-f298-11e3-be7d-40f02f0e46d5
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Faulting application name: POWERPNT.EXE, version: 15.0.4454.1000, time stamp: 0x509a39f9
Faulting module name: oart.dll, version: 15.0.4615.1000, time stamp: 0x534cd876
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000ed98
Faulting process ID: 0xfb0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf86a528f5214e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\Root\Office15\POWERPNT.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\Root\Office15\oart.dll
Report ID: 67125531-f298-11e3-be7d-40f02f0e46d5
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Thanks.

Regards,
Michael

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

This issue might occur due to some third party program causing the issue or if some program is not compatible.

I would suggest you to boot the computer into safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. If a problem doesn't reappear when you start in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings and basic device drivers and services as possible causes. I would suggest you to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue persists. Refer this link to boot the computer in safe mode:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

If you are not facing the issue in safe mode, then I would suggest you to perform clean boot.
Clean boot will eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Follow How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot from article KB929135 to reset the computer to normal mode.

Hope this helps.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I looked up the errors you've pictured, and found some information that may help. 2 of the errors are caused by corrupt, incorrect, or incompatible drivers. The other 2 are problems with your RAM. As previously said, these errors could be caused by software not working correctly (or possibly malware or a virus working correctly).
Finding Information,
Passing it Along
~SuperSluether

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

its powerpoint from microsoft office. try to install updates for it

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 31,881 Applies to: