Hauppauge HVR-1800 Tuner Card Not Detected by Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Media Center after Upgrade from Vista Home Premium 64 bit

Hi there. I upgraded from Vista Home Premium 64 bit to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. My computer is an Acer Aspire M5100 and met all the upgrade requirements from the Windows upgrade advisor. The upgrade went smoothly.

However, I now get a 'TV signal cannot be configured because a TV tuner was not detected' error message from Windows 7 Media Center for my Hauppage HVR-1800 TV tuner card which worked fine under Vista.

I have downloaded and installed the newest Windows 7 drivers from Hauppauge. (Version 1.45.28070.0, March 11, 2010) The driver seemed to install easily and reports that it is functioning correctly. There is no exclamation mark in the device manager window. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and have done so using the 'Run as System Administrator' option.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Media Center via the appwiz.cpl command

I continue to get the above noted error. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Answer

Hi Snootpelt,
To resolve this issue, provide a temporary Internet connection to the computer. Then, run Windows Media Center Setup again. To run Setup again, follow these steps:
a.     Start Windows Media Center.
b.     Click Tasks, and then click Settings.
c.     Click TV, and then click Set Up TV Signal.
d.     When you are notified that changing TV signal settings will interrupt recording, clickYes.
e.     On the Set Up Your TV Signal screen, clickNext.
f.     Verify that the correct region is selected, clickYes, use this region to configure TV services, and then clickNext.
g.     Click Configure my TV signal automatically, and then clickNext.
h.     Verify that the TV signal configuration settings are correct, clickYes, and then click Next.
i.     Click Set Up Guide listings, and then click Next two times.
j. On the Guide Privacy screen, click Yes, and then click Next.
k. If you agree to the Guide Terms of Service, clickI agree, and then click Next.
Note To continue, you must click agree to accept the Guide Terms of Service.
l. Click Manual download, and then click Next two times.
m. When you are prompted, type your ZIP Code or Postal Code, and then click Next.
n. If you are prompted, verify your signal provider, and then click Next.
Note: After Windows Media Center has downloaded the Guide, the Internet connection is no longer required.
o. Follow the remaining steps to complete Setup. You may have to restart Windows Media Center.
Error message that you receive after you configure Windows Media Center without connecting to the Internet: "No Tuner Available"(It applies to Windows 7 as well):
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929453
Regards,
Manasa P – Microsoft Support.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 24, 2018 Views 1,090 Applies to: