Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

On both my desktop pc and laptop when accessing Troubleshooter History the title Hardware and Devices troubleshooter are in blue (hyperlink) and 'Could not be run on 03/07/2020 Critical troubleshooter' appear in red. When I click on the link I get takenhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4570135/issues-using-onedrive-files-on-demand-on-some-devices-after-updating-t This is no help as I don't use One Drive. The Hardware and Devices troubleshooter is not listed on the available troubleshooters. Any ideas, please?
Hi John

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

The Hardware and Devices troubleshooter was removed from that list of troubleshooters a couple of years ago in Windows 10, however, it still exists in Windows 10

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd

From the resulting list, right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Paste this into Command Prompt and press Enter:

msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic

That will open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter in Windows 10 . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

32 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Dave.

I did as you suggested and although the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter ran, it has not cleared this message in the troubleshooter history. It also said it had fixed a problem, but I don't know what that was.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2024 Views 9,364 Applies to: