gta vice city dont open ,error code 0xc0000005

any help pls ?

Hello g3mer,

thank you for providing this question.
I am an independent advisor and user like you and hope to resolve your problems quickly.

An old fix in Vista and Windows 7 was to turn of data execution policy for the specific game .exe file.

Open control panel\system and security\system and on the left side click advanced system settings. In the windows that opens click the advanced tab and there click the performance settings (visual effects, processor, etc) and in the next windows click the processor execution policy tab.
Select the bottom of the two radio button options "use data execution policy for all programs except those specified" and specify the vice city .exe file.

Here is an older video which shows the process on vista but you will need to follow my steps maybe to find the advanced system propertys unless you use the start menu to search for them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLT7IpMS5AQ

If this didn't solve your problem or you need further assistance please answer in this thread and i would be happy to help.

kind regards

F. Grobusch

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

hello, i did the steps in the video but the problem is still here

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You haven't given much information, but if your copy of the game is the disc based version of the original GTA-VC (not the 'Stories')

the problem is likely Windows blocking the games DRM - SecuROM. or the SecuROM version the game uses is not compatible with 64bit Windows.

You can get a noCD fix from ....  games/grand-theft-auto-vice-city

If your CD is an early one you may also want to patch the game to v1.1. Use the same version noCD fix as game version.

- I am also using Compatibility with XP sp2.

- If I try launching the game using the original .exe file and the disc the game fails to load and I get a message to 'insert CD'.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hello, i updated vice city to version 1.1 and used nocd patch for 1.1 but it still gave error 0xc0000005, then i used xp sp2  compatibility mode now it asks for admin privilege, i click yes, nothing happens, not even an error

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So, your copy of the game is also on a retail disc, yes ?

- You would normally get a pop up from Windows suggesting you 'install' this feature if this is not enabled, or an DirectX error,

but verify you have  Legacy Components & Direct Play   enabled in - Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off.

( it shouldn't be necessary these days, but it used to be necessary to log out and back in again, or reboot, to activate Direct Play).

- The game shouldn't need  'Run as Admin' enabled in the Compatibility tab, but if you have not already, doing so may help.

- Try disabling your Anti-Virus temporarily to verify it's not blocking the game silently.

- Failing the above reinstalling the game may help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When  i  first  opened it   , it  asked  for  direct  play  so  i  installed it. I  have   fully disabled  windows  defender, still, same  error

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 4, 2024 Views 2,189 Applies to: