GTA San Andreas & Windows 8 -

I am having problems loading  San Andreas onto my computer. It installs about 2/3 and then comes up this message 

feature:  Grand Theft Auto:  San Andreas Game Data    Component:  models        File:  E\data3.cab    Error:     Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

please help I have upgraded my drivers and graphics card but still no luck. I am dying to finish the game i was just playing it on my now RIP computer with Vista where it worked perfectly

Answer
Answer

Hi KylaPedersen,

It looks like the game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Is not compatible with Windows 8. So I would suggest you to uninstall the game and then try installing the game in compatibility mode and check. You can go through the link as reference.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/ProductViewerWithDefaultFilters?TempOsid=win8&Locale=en-us&TextSearch=gta%2Bsan%2Bandreas&Type=Both&CurrentPage=0&TotalPages=1&ShowCriteria=0&SortCriteria=Relevance&Compatibility=Unknown&LastRequested=14

Follow these steps to uninstall the game.

a.      Press Windows key + X and select Control panel.

b.      Select Uninstall a program

c.       Select Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas from the list and select uninstall.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

a.       Right click on the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click on the Compatibility tab.

b.      Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode box.

c.       Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous Operating System, then tap or click OK.

Reference:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

I would also suggest you to go through the user manual of the game and check for the error message. You need to make sure that all other programs are closed while opening the game.

Do let us know about the results.

Regards,
Tadasha Mishra

28 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 11, 2024 Views 5,471 Applies to: