GTA San Andreas is not able to access to Documents Folder and thus I am not able to save my Game.

GTA San Andreas has been my favorite game since childhood. I have played it so many times but everytime it seems new. On 4 October 2022, I upgraded my OS from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Yesterday I installed the Game on my PC and to my surprise, after completing the Mission, I was not able to save my game. The error said, 'Save Failed! There was an error while saving the current game. Please check your save game directory and try again'. This was my first time encountering this issue. I searched the whole web but there is very little about this topic. I have tried everything.... from reinstalling the game to changing the folder permissions to Everyone. I have tried turning off my Antivirus (Windows Defender), the Controlled Folder Access section inside it... Running the game in compatibility mode, administrator mode. But nothing seems to work. I have noticed that the GTA San Andreas User Files folder is not creating automatically as it should. The game worked smoothly with Windows 7,8 and 10. It is running without any issue in WIndows 11 too but the Save Game Error is frustrating me. Please come with a solution that can help me ASAP.

Thanks and regards

Answer
Answer

It looks like your user profile folder was originally C:\users\marsp

In the registry, your user profile is still pointing to marsp, so that's where the game is trying and failing to save to.

If you're comfortable with editing the registry, run regedit

go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Change the entry for Personal to C:\Users\Mars\Documents

go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

Change the entry for Personal to C:\Users\Mars\Documents

Exit the registry for the changes to take effect.

Next time you run the game, it should now save to C:\Users\mars\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

------

You may want to make sure all the values for the two registry keys above are pointing to the correct location.

26 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 31, 2024 Views 3,080 Applies to: