Groove Music won't sign in or play.

Hello

I have recently been having issues with Groove Music. Firstly, it won't play anything. Whenever I attempt to play any audio file, (not just ones in my C:\Users\(username)\Music) it says 'Can't Play.' and gives the error code 0xc10100ad.

I have reinstalled Groove multiple times,restarted many times,deleted all of my temp files... Sometimes, not even the Store can sign in; it gets stuck in a loop of the blue loading animation*  after I select my user or 'Sign in with a Microsoft account' (or something along those lines).

Even the Mail app kept doing exactly the same thing; getting stuck in a sign-in loop, going no further than the login screen.

Groove Music won't sign in either, but instead of getting stuck, it gives the error code 0x80080300.

And before you ask, entering sfc /scannow into cmd (as admin) gives this:

The system cannot find the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\sfc.exe.

I have looked in the system root folder, and sfc.exe does indeed exist. It may be corrupt, but I can't check, because that is the application for checking corrupt files.

This seems to be a major issue and I haven't been able to fix it, however hard I try.

Any advice?

*Using the 'Dark' theme

Hi George,

In order for us to assist you regarding the Groove Music app that won’t sign in or play, kindly check this link. This will provide you steps on how to troubleshoot Groove player in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've already done that. It didn't help.

But also, it seems to work now. I don't know how long this will last, however, as this happened before; it worked for a time and then had the same issue.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I seem to have fully resolved the issue. I had some malicious files in the system32 folder of Windows, which messed with the registry. This topic can be locked.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 1,188 Applies to: