GPU crashes, Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows.

Gidday all, I've been running into a issue with my GPU crashing and I have nailed it down to the error in event viewer " Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows. "

I have changed gpu drivers, completely uninstalled drivers, wiped my m.2 and reinstalled windows and nothing worked. Any ideas? Thank you

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Same problem here. It's happens when i play LOL and press alt+tab to go windows when I come back to the game I just have a black screen and my laptop reboot.

V.2004 Windows

Intel I5

Nvidia GTX 1650

I hope this usefull for a solution.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have found that version 2004 does not like coming out of Sleep or any situation where it has been idling for a length of time.  I have come back to the computer after a length of time and my screens and drives are in Sleep Mode which is normal.  However, Windows can be locked solid and the only option is to reboot.  Or I get a Blue Screen of Death with the error: "DPC Watch Dog Violation." And other times all is well and I can sign back in.

The computer will also lock solid if I am quickly scrolling a web page in Opera.

Windows 2004 20H2

Intel I7

Nvidia GTX 1050 ti

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Been getting 2 popping CLI windows while playing Modern Warfare. They disappear quickly but they're very annoying. Checked the event logs, this is what I saw.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been having the same issue but no popups, I only figured this out because of event logs. This is running on a 2080 ti and it functions for more intense applications.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried installing older GPU drivers? I'm thinking I might wanna try that.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have another way to cause the error to occur.
While having the Radeon Adrenaline window open to Global Graphics > Display, I get a grey glitch bar which looks like screen tear if I click between display one and display two buttons on the Adrenaline client. Each time the glitch occurs, if I refresh my event viewer I see a new entry of "Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows" (ID 65) logged at about two or three seconds before the glitch grey-bar flashed. The bar flashes about a quater down from the top of both displays.

I've also seen that after twenty or so entries of the aforementioned error, a Distributed COM warning appears in the event log and after that the Error ID 65 stops being logged for a while, but I can still cause the grey-bar to glitch flash by doing the same thing. I'm wondering if this issue might have to do with using multiple displays and/or switching between them. I've read that some users don't get this problem, and monitor count is something which varies from PC to PC, along with whether DP or HDMI is used (I use both monitors via HDMI). I'm releived that a range of brands and models of hardware suffer this issue, it means that I probably won't need to replace any one thing or another.

Also, I have reduced the frequency of the crashes by changing a bunch of Services settings from maual to automatic, to try and make sure whichever component couldn't access/be accessed was started at the time it was needed. It's better, but I still get occasional crashes.
Hopefully this is helpful in some way.

Thanks to everyone so far. All the officials have had to say collectively is "It's not a DCOM issue, ignore the DCOM warnings." It seems like this one's up to us to figure out.

System specs:

Windows 10 version 2004

Ryzen 5 2600
Sapphire 5700xt Nitro+
MSI B450M-A Pro
16GB G.Skill Fortis 2400
OS SSD is a WD green 240GB

Monitors are BenQ RL2455 (main), Asus VE248. Both through HDMI at 1920x1080 60hz.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same. WIN10 2004, Gigabyte B450M DS3H, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1, Ryzen 5 2600, G.Skill FlareX DDR4 3200 memory.

Windows is on a WDC 500GB SSD, games installed on a separate WDC 1TB HDD.

Main monitor is a Vizio E32-C1 HDMI @60hz, secondary is a Dell SP2008WFP using DVI @60hz.

CoD will crash inconsistently, 10 minutes in or 2 hours in.

I've also been crashing on GTA V inconsistently, same time intervals.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was in Opera and scrollkng down a page with my mouse wheel using a Razer Viper and would get this error

at random times.  I installed the Windows update last night.  Other than a consistently very slow boot , it seems to be stable. I will file a report about the boot issue once I am sure no other bugs pop up.  Thanks for your feedback.  It is nice to know we are not alone in the Beta dark.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have found that version 2004 does not like coming out of Sleep or any situation where it has been idling for a length of time.  I have come back to the computer after a length of time and my screens and drives are in Sleep Mode which is normal.  However, Windows can be locked solid and the only option is to reboot.  Or I get a Blue Screen of Death with the error: "DPC Watch Dog Violation." And other times all is well and I can sign back in.

The computer will also lock solid if I am quickly scrolling a web page in Opera.

Windows 2004 20H2

Intel I7

Nvidia GTX 1050 ti

I am having this exact same issues (Windows 10 ver 2004, I7 4770k, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM)

I have been leaving small games running so the computer does not idle. However I sometimes will have a BSOD Hard Lock error. Most of the time however idling results in the computer going into some kind of wierdo sleep mode. That it will not wake up from (it's a desktop PC anyway). Despite the millions of times I have changed the power settings.

Is this a ver 2004 Error?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It definitely looks like a Nvidia + Microsoft Windows 10 v2004 issue. I've been getting this same error on V2004 with a 1080TI. This is probably why the update is on hold for most nvidia users until there are new Nvidia drivers 358 or higher.

System Specs:

Asus Maximus XII Hero

Nvidia 1080TI

32GB DDR4 @ 3600

3x1TB nvme in raid 0

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 29, 2024 Views 32,967 Applies to: