Question

Q: Got a stop error 0x0000007A (0xrFFFFFC40053478 question This thread is locked from future replies

This is the beginning of a very long stop code I get while falling alseep watching movies on my PC. How do I find out which driver/component is causing the failure or how do I fix this? I am using windows 7, just got a new monitor (samsung hdmi 24 in) and have been using the hdmi port instead of the dvi port.

Answer

A:

Hi jsterr1,

It seems that, you need assistance to fix the computer’s issue. We need additional information to assist you, could you please answer the followings.

1.      Is this issue started with a new monitor?

2.      What is the make and model of the computer?

Blue screen errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues, and it can be difficult to troubleshoot the problem. The methods mentioned in the following link can often help get Windows up and running again.

Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows7/resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors-in-windows-7

Note: Ignore the re-installing Windows 7 step.

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to suggest you send mini dumps.

We can analyze the mini dumps if you make them available from the SkyDrive. If you have problems uploading the mini dumps copy them to the Desktop or the Documents folder and upload them from there.

Zip or upload the contents of C:\Windows\minidump.

Use SkyDrive to upload collected files.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need any assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 37 Last updated: December 24, 2017 Applies to: