Google search bar virtual keyboard not working

Hello, i have a problem with the virtual keyboard located in the google search bar . Whenever i log in on my google account, the virtual keyboard stops working , apart from the Ctrol+Alt buttons. However the same keyboard is alalso in the youtube searchbar but it seems to be working fine , does anybody have a solution to the problem i use chrome but edge seems to have the same problem.

I use windows 10

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi there! My name is, Zadee. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. Sorry to hear about your experience. I'll try my best to help you today.

I've searched all over the internet, I can't seem to find that keyboard you are referring to in the google search box, not even on youtube. Perhaps that's only available in specific regions. OR you might just be referring to the Google Input keyboard extension? Because that's what I downloaded, and now I'm able to change my keyboard layouts not just on those specific sites but to any sites I visit. Perhaps that workaround works for you. You can download the extension here.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/googl...

You can also, by the way, change the keyboard layout directly from your windows device simply by going to Settings > Time & Language > Language. Under Preferred languages, select the language that contains the keyboard you want, and then select Options. Select Add a keyboard and choose the keyboard you want to add
For ref:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/man...

Otherwise, you may want to post this query as well in the google community. You can start here: https://support.google.com/

Hope that helps.
This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Kind Regards,
----
Zadee C.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi thanks form the answer. I live in Finland and it looks like the browsers is equipped with the input tool in the search bars. I dowloaded the extension and it works great . However i haven't found a solution as to why the input tool doesnt work in the search bar.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There could be various reasons why the virtual keyboard in the Google search bar is not working properly when you are logged in to your Google account. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Clear Browser Cache: Clearing the cache and cookies in your web browser can sometimes resolve issues like this. In Chrome, go to Settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data. Check the blog boxes for "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," then click "Clear data."

2. Disable Browser Extensions: Certain browser extensions can interfere with the functionality of web pages, including virtual keyboards. Try disabling any extensions you have installed to see if that fixes the issue.

3. Check Keyboard Settings: It's possible that your keyboard settings are causing the problem. Go to your computer's keyboard settings and make sure that the language and keyboard layout are set correctly.

4. Try a Different Browser: If the issue persists in Chrome and Edge, try using a different web browser, such as Firefox or Safari, to see if the virtual keyboard works correctly.

5. Contact Google Support: If none of these steps resolves the issue, you may need to contact Google support for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Has to be something with the search engine itself. I don't think that's something with your browser or related to any setting in your Windows computer, as you mentioned you have already tried other browsers like edge and the issue happens there too. Have you already posted this to the google community or raised it as a possible bug to google? To send a feedback to google, check the image I uploaded.

----
Zadee C.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, i tried all of you advice but none of these worked. I logged to another computer on my google account and it has the same promblem so it seems like it have something to do with my account

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

did you figure it out?
stoped working for me here in Sweden aswell
maybe some windows/google update that messed it up?

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i have the same problem google onscreen / virtual keyboard it popup but noting happen when clicking on text it stoped working 1-3 days ago? multiple computer Firefox and Edge windows 10 logged in to google and logged out on google acc

on Youtube it works

iam from Sweden

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I Still haven't found a solution. I think the update messed it up. I tried to contact windows but they haven't responded

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

well you know how they are going to reply :P

"its your fault, not ours"

I downloaded that extension but its a bit annoying tbh

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem, that's definetly bug on google side, I hope they fixed that already and we are just waiting for their next patch/fix

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 5,839 Applies to: