Google chrome

Whenever I launch Google chrome on my MS Surface 6, I always get this popup from User Account Control box asking if I want to "allow this app to make changes to my device". It has never happened before, did I install it incorrectly? How can I launch it without it asking me the question every time...
Hi Janet,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about the User Account Control prompt when launching an app.

When you are launching an app and a UAC or User Account Control pops up, it means that the UAC is set to the highest setting. If the current account that you are using right now is an Administrator account, you may change the UAC setting and try to lower it down. You may follow Option 1 on this link on how to change the UAC through the control panel. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3577-change...

I hope the information I provided will help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,
Wilfred P.
Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Wil,

Thanks for your prompt response. The UAC is not set to the highest, it is currently set at the recommended level (2nd highest) which is the default level.  I don't understand the second part of your feedback on Administrator account. I am the sole user of my laptop so am I not the default Administrator? Please explain further... 

When I first downloaded Google Chrome, I never had this problem. I don't know when and how after a few weeks later, this thing pops up every single time I launch it. Other apps do not have this problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Let's try to uninstall Google Chrome and install it using the standalone installer. Kindly follow the instruction below.

1. Download the Google Chrome Standalone installer on this link. https://dl.google.com/tag/s/appguid%3D%7B8A69D3...
2. After the download, go to the download folder, right-click the installer and click Run as administrator.
3. After the installation, try to launch it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The first thing you need to do is simply delete Chrome and reinstall it sometimes saved cookies from malicious sites also create this problem so the better solution is to reinstall it properly but save your bookmarks before. Also, some time incognito mode also creates the problem you need to disable it by following the guideline Disable Incognito mode on Chrome

Hope this will work well for you.
Thank You!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 24, 2020 Views 95 Applies to: