Google Chrome won't download on Windows 8

Hi. I've been trying and trying to download Google Chrome on my Windows 8 computer. Unfortunately, it won't. I downloaded Google Search, but that's useless because the app is frozen and I can't use it. I've tried both downloading it as an app and on my desktop. It won't even start to download as an app, and on my desktop it opens up a window saying, "Launching Application," and it will load and keep loading and won't ever finish. If you know how to fix this problem, please give me the solution! Thank you.

P.S. When I went to the website where you install Chrome, it said that Google Chrome wasn't compatible with Windows RT. I'm not very tech savvy, so can someone tell me what Windows RT is and how I can tell if my program is Windows RT? Thank you.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that you can install the apps only from Windows Store on a Windows RT device. Unfortunately Google Chrome hasn’t developed an app for Windows Store and hence you cannot install Google Chrome app on Windows RT.

You can run App Troubleshooter if you are facing issues with any apps installed on the computer. The Apps Troubleshooter is an automated tool which we have developed to address a number of known issues that can prevent the Apps from running properly. This troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues, including suboptimal screen resolution, incorrect security or account settings etc. You can click on this link to download and run the Apps troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

For more information, you may also refer the article: “What to do if you have problems with an app” from this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Hope this helps.

Please post back if you face any issues related to Windows and we will be glad to assist you further.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have one Windows 8.1 computer that downloaded Chrome with no issues and is very valuable on certain web-sites.  I have another Windows 8.1 that goes through all the steps, then shows that chrome is downloading, but nothing ever happens.  It sits that way for an hour.  I have unblocked pop-ups and turned off all security software.  Any ideas? 

118 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that you can install the apps only from Windows Store on a Windows RT device. Unfortunately Google Chrome hasn’t developed an app for Windows Store and hence you cannot install Google Chrome app on Windows RT.

You can run App Troubleshooter if you are facing issues with any apps installed on the computer. The Apps Troubleshooter is an automated tool which we have developed to address a number of known issues that can prevent the Apps from running properly. This troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues, including suboptimal screen resolution, incorrect security or account settings etc. You can click on this link to download and run the Apps troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

For more information, you may also refer the article: “What to do if you have problems with an app” from this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Hope this helps.

Please post back if you face any issues related to Windows and we will be glad to assist you further.

Well isn't this just a load of ****.  Guess Windows doesn't want to play nice with Google.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yup, please make sure you ask Google to make an app.  Microsoft has invited them to do so and they decline.

In the meantime while you wait for an app version, you can still install the full version of chrome by going to www.chrome.com (as long as you aren't using an RT device).

Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

you need to disable your pop up blocker on internet options first

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I downloaded Google Chrome Canary for windows 8.1 and it works
israel adames hernandez

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Try google chrome canary, it works

israel adames hernandez

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When will it be added to the app store? I hope this is something Microsoft has been working on because I really hate internet explorer.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Google chrome won't be in the app store, but you can always get it by going to http://chrome.com
Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i have problem with chrome web browser sometimes that can not loaded.

can you tell me please what is wrong?

thanks

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 4, 2024 Views 36,653 Applies to: