Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.

Hi All,

Has anyone had this issue?

Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.   I uninstalled Chrome on my PC then installed it again and have the same issue. My other computers do not have this issue. I'm starting to believe that this is a windows administrator profile issue. Thoughts.

Thanks,

Dennis

Hello Dennis18_Se,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a Local account in sign in to that account?

2. May I know if your computer is connected to a Domain (organization) network?

3. Are you able to access websites using other web browsers?

Google Chrome will save login usernames and passwords and will automatically complete the sign-in fields for you the next time you visit the websites. It’s a good security measure added by Chrome.

If you do not want Chrome to ask for your Windows login password when you access, you can either remove the Windows user login password from your account or disable the password manager re-authentication feature in Chrome. To disable the password manager re-authentication follow the below method:

• Open Google Chrome browser and type chrome://flags in the address bar and press Enter.

• You get a list of features available, scroll down to see flag labeled Disable Password Manager Re-authentication.  

• Click on the Enable link below its feature description to enable the feature.

• Click on the button labeled Relaunch Now to restart chrome with new settings.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,
This is by design-If you have setup a password, Chrome Password manager would always ask for the user account password.
Mark Yes below the post if it helped or resolved your problem

Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not represent the views or opinions of Microsoft.

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 48,041 Applies to: