Google as search engine keeps changing to Bing, even though it is my preferred search engine.

I want Google to be my search engine, but Windows keeps changing it to Bing, even though it is my preferred engine.  I've even removed all the other names on the choice list.  How can I fix this?

Hi Lulu,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you.

Are you using Microsoft Edge as your browser? If you are using Microsoft Edge, I would suggest reinstalling or resetting Microsoft Edge since that is how I was able to resolve this issue personally. To reset or reinstall Microsoft Edge, kindly follow the instruction below.

1. Click the Start button and click on Setting (gear or cog icon)
2. Click on Apps and scroll down on the list and click on Microsoft Edge.
3. If Uninstall is available, kindly uninstall it and reinstall it on this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge
4. If the Uninstall button is not available, kindly click on Advanced option then click on Reset.
5. After reset or reinstallation, kindly change again the default search engine. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/455671...

I hope the information I provided will help you. But If you need further assistance, please do reply back and I will research more on this issue, and please wait for my response with additional options for troubleshooting. Have a nice day.

Thanks,
Wilfred P.
Independent Advisor

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You can set the default search engine with correct url by using group policy Editor under microsoft edge  amdx file
I am working as a Mathematics lecturer in a PU college.
Windows11_Pro_64bit_23H2_buildno_22631.3593_MS.office365_C2R_2401_v17231.20236_Intel_i5_13500_Nvidia3060_12GB_GDDR6_RAM_32GB_5600_Storage8TB.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 1, 2024 Views 2,854 Applies to: