Give Product Key to my wife

Hey,

I recently purchased two (2) copies of Windows 10 Pro, one for myself and one for my wife. However, both Product Keys were sent my Inbox. I bought one for her and one for myself, can she use one the 'Keys and attach it to her account?

Also, the copies were purchased on the phone with Microsoft so,  do we have Product Keys or Digital Licenses, because the information reads that I enter the Product Key for brand new machines that have never had a copy of Windows before, which is what our machines will be - newly built.

Thanks,

"D"

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2019 Views 15 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi KingFirebeard

Yes, your wife will be able to use one of those product keys to install Windows 10 Pro on her PC. Once your wife logs into that new PC with her Microsoft account and logs into her Microsoft account online with that new PC, ownership of the licence will pass to her, it may not happen straight away, but it will happen.

Those are Retail licences and when activated, a unique identifier will be generated for each PC, that will be stored on the Microsoft Activation servers, which will show up in the activation page in Settings as activated with a digital licence

Should either of you ever need to re-install Windows 10 Pro in the future, activation will be automatic once the PC is connected to the Internet, due to that Digital Entitlement

Also, since you purchased Retail licences, those will also carry transfer rights to another PC or Motherboard in the future . ..

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.