Getting netr28ux.sys "blue screen error"

Brand new Dell computer running on pre-installed Windows7 Pro bought four weeks ago

and

& brand new TL-WN321G adapter  bought separately specially because it is compatible with Windows7 Pro 64-bit pre-installed

"blue screen error" netr28ux.sys has been crashing my home computer's OS on startup - Somebody can help me cure this? 

I have read online that this system file is something to do with the wireless network adapter's driver... not sure if it is the operating system or the driver.... however, the driver works fine, and I am connecting to the internet okay with it. 

Answer
Answer

I took a look at the minidump files and the error is a consistent PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) error being caused by the netr28ux.sys, which is a driver for the wireless.

No other third party driver is implicated in the crash.

The problem may be solely with the netr28ux.sys which may have become damaged or updated to a problematic version.

I would suggest to uninstall the wireless drivers that are now installed and install the following version from Dell:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh&releaseid=R290807&SystemID=INSP_DSKTP_560MT&servicetag=&os=W764&osl=en&deviceid=21861&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=2&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=5&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=433070

If problems persist please provide the resulting minidump file(s).

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 20, 2024 Views 15,292 Applies to: