GenuineCheck.exe issues the error message 0x80072f07. How to fix it?

Hello.

I have an original Windows 7 Ultimate, BOX, activated. I tried to download the Windows XP Mode program. It required me to do a Windows validation. It downloaded the GenuineCheck.exe file. When I executed it, I got the following error:

Code is not available. The validation code could not be obtained. This may be due to technical difficulties, or you may be running an unsupported operating system. Please close this window and attempt the validation process again, or use the Back button in your Web browser to return to the download details page. [Error code: 0x80072f07]

How do I get around it and download the Windows XP Mode program?

Thank you for your help.

Answer
Answer
Go to the Genuine Microsoft Software section on the Microsoft website: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/default.aspx?displaylang=en

Click the Validate Windows button on the left side of the page. Return to the XP Mode/Virtual PC page and it should let you validate now.

if not

Follow the steps in order of appearance and check if it helps in resolving your issue.
Step 1:
I'd first suggest you to log in as administrator , uninstall and reinstall the validation tool and later try to download and install XP mode and Virtual PC.

Step 2:
If that does help, turn off UAC , install (after uninstalling) the validation tool and then try to install XP mode and Virtual PC.
Note: User Account Control (UAC) can help prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. UAC notifies you when changes are going to be made to your computer that require administrator-level permission. These types of changes can affect the security of your computer or can affect settings for other people that use the computer. We recommend that you leave UAC on to help make your computer secure.

Similar issue has been discussed here:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7programs/thread/29b8ca7e-dad9-4f4b-9b82-6079f6ff113d
THIRD PARTY LINK DISCLAIMER
Disclaimer: Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the download you receive from the third-party linked sites or any support related to the download or the downloaded technology. If you need support relating to the third party technology, please contact the manufacturer directly.
Also refer:

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2018 Views 2,841 Applies to: