General Extraction Error Location ES1 when playing Iwin games

Sorry about the misspelled words.  This error happened all of a sudden today while I was trying to play a specific game from "I Win Games". A game I have played hundreds of times before with no problem.  General Extraction Error Location ES1.  It will not let me play the game but other games from I Win will play quit well, at least for now.  I am running Windows 8.  I have uninstalled & reinstalled this game many times  today  & it does not help.  I have  now deleted the game from my machine.  Please, Help me with this.  I am not  really schooled in stuff like this so please make your answer simple to follow direction.  I Thank You in advance for your help.

Orginal Title : General Extraction Error Location ES1 In WINDIWS 8 happened suddenly while trying to play a game I have played hundreds of times before without problems. Will Not let me play it.  Help Please.

Answer
Answer

Hi ,
I searched lots of Q&A from answer.microsoft and none of them was completely useful so after lots of try and errors i found this useful specially for iWin games:
1. in the folder that you installed your game find the original executable file (it has a ".EXE" after it or in front of it under the type you can see "application")

2.Right click on it and choose properties.
3.choose "Compatibility" tab.
4. make the setting like this picture:

5. Have a fun gaming time :)

66 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 10,066 Applies to: