Gears of war ultimate edition and GOW 4 Download problems

Hi 

sorry english is not my language 

recently I changed my Pc windows 10 and  every thing is ok .steam games uplay games , origin games...all working except my store  Games . i have GOW4 and Gears ultimate and Forza.

I started  to download them again since windows 10 is  fresh  but  my internet speed is not very fast  around 4 mb/s so it takes some times to download these games. I started with Gow UE and for 3 or 4 times in 2 days I paused my  Download because i could not download the whole game in one day . a few hours ago GOW Ultimate  donwload finished and when download size reached 52.75 GB  instead of installing it kept downloading to 60 GB and then stuck on installing.

I deleted the  download and tried fallout shelter and because  it is only 1.4 gb it went well . game is installed  and it is working without problem. So every time I pause  store downloads  I am sure they wont install. I even tried  Forza   and  I downloaded the game in two days with   2 or 3 times pause and same thing happened. 

are there any   help or guide for me ?  my internet speed is not that fast to download the whole 52 or 99 GB of games in one day  but in steam or uplay or origin  you can pause for 100 times without any issue.

I really want to play  the Games that I bought So any tips ??? 

my system  is  I7-4770k- and 8 GB ram and  Geforce  GTX 980 ti  and i dont have any space issue because my C Drive is a 250 GB ssd and i changed my App install location to a 2 TB HDD.

thank you

Hello,

To be able to troubleshoot your concern with downloading games from the Windows Store, kindly try the methods provided below and let us know if the issue persists:

Method 1: Run the Windows store app troubleshooter

1. Type in Troubleshooting in the search bar.
  2. Select Troubleshooting.
  3. Select View all on the top left corner.
  4.  Click on Windows Store app.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Reset Windows Store

1. Press the Windows key+ R key, to launch the Run dialog box.
  2. Type in Wsreset.exe and press Enter.
  3. Restart your computer after the process  is finished.

Kindly post back with the status of your concern and we will be glad to assist you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

thanks

but i cannot download  the whole game   in one day  because my net speed is not very high.

so i have to pause the download and then resume it  another day  and i think that is the reason  behind my download problem. i have  just downloaded  fallout shelter without any pausing  and it is installed just fine. 

i paused gears 4 downloading a few times and at the end  at 90 gb it did not finish or install it was just keep resuming download passing 100GB!! same story for forza it is just 27 gb but mine was downloading 40gb just because i paused several times  and tried to download it in few days rather than  let it downlod and finish in one day continually.

i have seen people with these kind of problems and i dont know why microsoft store is so buggy  and why they dont try to be like steam ?at least  at download and installing level .

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 29, 2021 Views 858 Applies to: