Gears of War 5 Error 0x80040154

Good day,

Is anyone else experiencing this error while trying to install Gears of War 5? 

This error happens as well on Wolfenstein II. I have attempted the following solutions without any changes

1. Keep everything up to date (as reference, the cumulative update was September 10, 2019—KB4515384 (OS Build 18362.356)

2. Reset the Store with WSreset

3. Re install game services through the powershell console

4.  Use the troubleshooting tool for the windows store, and after that re install xbox beta app

5.  Create a local user with administrator rights and attempt to install from the store there.

I am not sure on how many games this error happens, but at least I have spotted these two games, however, I have installed "we happy few"; "marvel vs capcom infinite"; and "state of decay II" just fine.

Question Info

Last updated September 16, 2019 Views 54 Applies to:

Hi Sgdva, i had this same issue with several games. It turned out I had to uninstall my Norton antivirus. After rebooting my pc, everything installed ok.

Got this from https://www.itexperience.net/2019/09/15/error-0x80040154-in-gears-5-and-metro-exodus-xbox/

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Wow I think being without antivirus or Firewall (in my case as the article states zone alarm may be the problem)  is something that cannot be that lightly to take out. Microsoft should address this

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.