Gear of war 4 download keeps getting stuck or resetting itself

Im trying to download gears 4 on windows 10 but it keeps getting stuck. it download 35GB fine then now is stuck at 40GB i tried troubleshooting it but it start to download then get to 46GB and reset itself back to 40MB.

Ive tried the follow but it still isnt downloading:

Used the troubleshooting tool through the control panel

Used "wsreset"

Sign out and back in my account

Hard reset my pc

As a side note, whenever i try download Gears it used 100% of my hard drive ever time but i doesn't seem to use anything on my network, in performance on task manager, not sure if this is where the problem lies? 

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Update: i spent 2 hours with a nice really nice person from Microsoft support trying different things. i think he went through pretty much every single fix he knew and even tried fixes for different error messages just in case and it still didn't work. I mentioned to him i recently reinstalled windows 10 and he suggested that I reinstalled windows again, reformatting all drives, then doing a defrag and after i reinstalled windows 10 and it actually worked.

I really don't see this as a "fix" for most people however, but it work for me. So as of writing this, i don't think there is a fix, or at least, Microsoft doesn't know one at this time :(

Answer
Answer

Our Microsoft Store Sales and Customer Support team should provide you the information and everything you need to know about this product.

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 6, 2021 Views 11,618 Applies to: