Game Crashing due to ucrtbase.dll

Hello There!

I've been playing a game for a long time in my pc and everything was going fine.

Suddenly from yesterday morning, the game kept crashing on start-up.

I checked the application logs on event viewer and it keeps giving me this error.

Faulting application name: ashes.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d3e3acc

Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e

Faulting process ID: 0x484c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d755d8df3d5646

Faulting application path: C:\Users\acidi\Downloads\Cricket.19\Cricket 19\ashes.exe

Faulting module path: C:\windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll

Report ID: a2f1a847-23d8-42d5-87a5-4929443f49f1

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I've tried everything from modifying the Visual C++ Redistributable, to uninstalling it and reinstalling the game and the Visual C++, installing optional updates, disabling my firewall but nothing worked at all.

Can someone help?

|

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you’re facing issues when launching a game on your PC. I will certainly try my best to assist you with the issue.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

3. Which game are you trying to play?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try booting the PC in Clean Boot and see if you’re able to launch the game. Refer the article How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer. However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

If the game launches fine after performing Clean Boot, then please refer the section How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot to identify the root cause of the issue.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 23, 2021 Views 77 Applies to: