FSX shuts down with message "Ran out of available memory......

Quad core 2 GB Ram
Nividia 8800 GT 512 mb
46GB free space on HD
FSX Deluxe Acceleration Expansion

I am having problems with FSX. I have installed add-on C-130 from captain sim and when I fly a long flight I get the message that I have run out of available memory and it shuts down. I have adjusted the virtual memory to 3046 MB to get another a/c add on to work properly.  Do I increase this some more and how much?
Answer
Answer
Hello MRuggles,

Thank you for using Microsoft Windows Vista Forums.

Sorry you are having a problem with this!  I have found some information with different troubleshooting steps.  I have listed some out below as well as included the link below.  Please let us know status.  Thanks!

You receive the "Your computer has run out of available memory" error message when you start Flight Simulator:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892610

When you start Microsoft Flight Simulator, you receive the following error message:
Your computer has run out of available memory. Flight simulator will now exit. You may not have enough free space on your hard disk drive. Run disk cleanup to free up space, and then try running Flight Simulator again.

Method 1: Available hard disk drive space
  1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
  2. Right-click the hard disk where Flight Simulator is installed, and then click Properties.

Note Flight Simulator is typically installed on drive C.
  3. Make sure that the amount of Free space is more than 500 megabytes (MB).
Note 500 MB of available hard disk space is required to play Flight Simulator. 1 gigabyte (GB) of available hard disk drive space is recommended. If you do not have at least 500 MB of available hard disk space, you must remove or delete some of the files or programs on the hard disk drive.

James Microsoft Answers Support Engineer Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2024 Views 20,587 Applies to: