FSX on Windows 10 freezes then turns off

Hello,

I have a problem with Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition. It was working properly for some time and suddenly a problem came out. During the flight, simulator freezes and there is loading cursor circle and after about 10 seconds simulator turns off without any error window (it goes back to desktop). I don't know where the problem is.  I reinstalled FSX and Steam, the problem still exist. I tried on another computer ( FSX never installed) and the problem is not solved. My addons are GSX , GSX Level 2 and Areosoft Airbus X Extended.

My 1st PC specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7 - 6700HQ

Graphic Card: Nvidia GTX960M

RAM: 16GB DDR4

SSD Nvme: 128GB (there is FSX installed)

HDD: 1TB

My 2nd PC specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5-6400

Graphic Card: Asus ROG RX460 4GB

RAM: 8GB DDR4

SSD Nvme: 500GB

What do I do now?

Hi Mateusz,

The problem you're having may be due to a number of reasons.   Since you're not seeing an error message when FSX-Steam shuts down, have you tried looking at your Event Viewer (type Event Viewer in the Cortana search box, Enter, and then click on Custom Views > Admin Events).   Is there any entry for this crash (on a particular date and time?).   If so, then if you can provide details, particularly Error code, Faulting Module, etc.

Otherwise, other things to consider:  

a.   is your laptop running hot and this might cause the shut down protection to activate?

b.   are there any programs opening up or running, or scheduled tasks starting while you're flying?

c.   try lowering your FSX settings (especially autogen, traffic, clouds) as these not only increase loading times, but also cause game slow downs, stutters, etc.  Or, even run everything on basic settings (Sim will not look good, but you may be able to ascertain whether your settings are the problem).

d.   can you try installing and running FSX-Steam only, without the FSX installation?   I don't know where both reside on your drive(s);  if on the same drive, then install FSX to the root of the drive (e.g. C:\) and the Steam to its usual default location.

e.   there could be several other causes:  any other downloads you've done between when the Sim was running well and till your problem;  maybe a Windows update;  scan for viruses;  check computer health;  do a defragment (not on SSDs); running out of Virtual Address Space (VAS);  setting your Virtual Memory to a specific (higher) size and not for "Windows to manage it".   Just a few suggestions.   Or else, present your problem to the FSX-Steam Edition Forum:  there may be users there that have had a similar issue and some other solutions.

Chris

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I checked. My PC isn't running hot during flight.

There aren't any programs running and there aren't any scheduled tasks.

In event viever I only have error Kernel-EventTracking 0xC0000035.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Mateusz,

Apart from what I've suggested and of course, lodging your problem at the FSX-Steam Forum to see whether anyone there has had this problem, I could suggest going through the CTD article from Avsim.   This was written primarily for FSX (boxed) users, but there could be some helpful suggestions for you to consider in relation to your problem:

https://www.avsim.com/files/file/93-avsim-ctd-guide/

One other thing that comes to mind:  with FSX, some of us have had to add the special Uiautomationcore.dll to the FSX directory, since FSX was not using the .dll that is included in the Windows System.   This was done because FSX froze and crashed when using the top Menu bar too often in flight.   The older .dll was supposed to fix that, and it has for most of us.   Now, I believe that FSX-SE already has that .dll included, however, it could be worth a try to either remove that temporarily (i.e. save it outside FSX-SE directory) and/or use another Uiautomationcore.dll in its place.   The above link to the Avsim guide will guide you further with this.

Chris

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 4,523 Applies to: