Frustratingly slow Internet on Windows 10 Creators Edition

I did a fresh install of Windows 10 by downloading the USB tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

My intention was not to install the Creators Edition, since I am aware of the issues with it. However, the tool installed Creators Edition. Now, I cant roll back and my internet is frustratingly slow, it hardly goes beyond 6mpbs and I have a 25mbps connection. Other devices get 25mbps without any issues, but my laptop is really struggling. Sometimes, with a fresh install of drivers I get the correct speed, but after a while it comes back down to 6mbps max. It was all working perfectly on my previous version of Windows 10. 

I have tried every fix available, including: updating/reverting drivers and tweaking various registries. I even tried the workaround by Jacob W. Klein, and also disabled the RSC (https://aka.ms/diag_cssemerg11005) but nothing is working for me.

Can someone please help me out. I am a research student and have papers to work on to graduate in August. It is getting increasingly difficult with this issue. 

Alienware 15 R2
Windows 10 Pro 64bit - Build 15063
Intel i7- 6700HQ

8 GB RAM
Killer 1525 WiFi card. 

Assistance will be much appreciated!

Hi,

This issue likely occurs if there's a glitch on your modem or router. To isolate your issue related to intermittent connection, we recommend that you uninstall/reinstall your Killer driver. To do so, you can follow the steps provided on this link. Once done, kindly update the driver again and check if the issue still persists. Also, we'd like to know if there is an application that is included after the installation.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your attention, Clark. I have already tried updating and re-installing the driver a number of times, as mentioned in my question. The issue persists. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We appreciate that you perform the steps provided. We'd like to know if the issue is the same when you connect your device to different Wi-Fi router. Also, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article: Fix network connection issues in Windows 10and kindly check if it makes any difference. The series of steps in the article will help you isolate or resolve issues related to your Internet connections.

Get back to us with the result.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank for writing, Clark. Unfortunately, I am not one of the more privileged users of Windows and therefore do not have additional routers lying around. However, the issue does not happen when I use a WiFi Dongle by TP Link.

This is a hassle, since I dont want to keep plugging and pulling external USB WiFi at the risk of damaging my USB port when my laptop has internal WiFi that was working perfectly fine before the Creators update. 

I apologize for sounding frustrated - it is because I am very frustrated indeed. I am writing papers for my Masters, my final defense is due in August. This is NOT the time to go around troubleshooting things that should have been fixed before customers were forced to use the product. I believe you would agree.   

I trust you guys are working on this and shall roll out a patch or update soon that will fix these issues. If you have any new workarounds, something I have not tried before (driver updates/reinstalls; BIOS update; turn off/on firewalls; turn on/off antivirus; and steps by Jacob W. Klein), please let me know. 

Thank you. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Since the issue still persists, we recommend that you perform a repair upgrade of Windows 10. You can still keep your files during the in-place repair upgrade. To do so, you can follow the steps by step instruction by Andre Da Costa in this article: How to: perform a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you. Appreciate your kindness. 

Have there been any updates or proper fixes by Microsoft about the WiFi issue. I am tolerating it with a USB WiFi dongle, but it is getting on my nerves now. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As of yet, the update for WiFi issue is unavailable. For this query, you can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue using the Feedback Hub app. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps: 

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
  2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
  3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
  4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form and click Stop monitoring when you’re done.
  5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.

Let us know if you need assistance with any other concerns.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just to share that I installed the recently released updates but the problem with frustratingly slow WiFi has NOT been resolved. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Have you considered using the active hours feature in Windows? If not, we suggest using this feature to let Windows know the time that you're using your PC. This will ensure that updates and restarts will be scheduled when you're not using your PC:

Schedule updates using active hours in Windows 10.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 25, 2018 Views 397 Applies to: