Forza Horizon 4 cant play online

Hi guys,

i own the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition, the game is a blast and it runs smooth on 60 fps. But i cant join an online session or play with a friend.

The strange thing is i can download paint jobs for my cars and ofc my internet runs without problems in the background, i have no problems with other games.

What should i do now? Please help cause i want to play with a friend at least.

Question Info

Last updated October 11, 2019 Views 13,936 Applies to:
Do you have the latest cumulative updates for Windows 10 1803 installed?

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features
Scroll down to Forza Horizon 4
Select it
Click Advanced options
Click Reset

Restart

Check the Store for updates

If that does not work...

download the following utility and use it to remove Forza Horizon 4:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcen...

Download and reinstall Forza Horizon - Microsoft Store

I am going to admit, you are not the first to report of issues with installing Forza Horizon series of games on Windows 10. There doesn't seem to be a documented solution of works and doesn't work. I have recommended to users to downgrade to an older release such as Windows 10 1703 and they report it works.

See example case:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Here is something else you can try:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa
Independent Advisor for Directly

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you confirm if this also happens in the default Administrator account?

Open Start
Type: cmd
Right click CMD
Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:
net user administrator /active:yes

Hit Enter

Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa
Independent Advisor for Directly

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

For lots of people having the same problem, the issue seems to be with the Teredo networking adapter. To check if it is that stopping you connecting to Xbox services on PC, open the Xbox app, go to settings on the left menu, go to network and it will test your connection. If you see along the lines of "teredo adapter cannot connect" then you have a Windows service disabled that allows connectivity through Xbox servers. Here is how I fixed this issue for myself (copy pasted from another forum post).

1.  Press windows key and search for "services", open it.
  2.  Locate "IP Helper" in the list and check if it is running - if not, this is the issue.
  3.  Right click "IP Helper" and go to properties, then dependencies tab.
  4.  Look for each of these dependencies in the services list and check each one is running and set to "automatic" startup type. (The one disabled for me was the "WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery service")
  5. Once you find the service that is not running, right click it and press start. If start is greyed out and you cannot restart the process then continue to the next step. If you can start the process, do so - restart your computer and check "IP Helper" is now running, you should be done.
  6. If the process cannot be started with the right click menu, you likely have a registry issue causing it to not function properly.
  7.  Press windows key and search for "Regedit", then run as administrator.
  8.  A quick google search will tell you where to locate the particular dependancy service that is not running.
  9.  Find the default values for the service and change them in the properties. In my case I had to change a "0" to a "2" in the properties of the "WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery service".
  10. Restart your computer
  11. Check "IP Helper" is running
  12.  Press windows key and search for "wsreset", run as admin
  13.  Profit! 

Hope this helps at least one other person, was scratching my head for a while on this and have seen many people given up entirely.

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

This worked for me.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/server-connectivity-xbox-app-displays-blocked

Xbox app server connectivity on Windows 10 is blocked

If you can’t hear your friends online, or you can’t join or host an Xbox Live multiplayer game, go to SettingsNetwork in the Xbox app and check Server connectivity.

If it says Blocked, your PC was unable to establish a Teredo IPsec connection to the Quality of Service (QoS) server. If you also see Teredo is unable to qualify next to NAT type, visit the Teredo troubleshooting pagefirst to resolve that issue. Then check to see if Server connectivity no longer shows Blocked.

Failure to establish a Teredo IPsec connection to the QoS server can occur when the Windows Firewall is disabled, when security software has altered the Windows Firewall configuration, or when required Windows services have been disabled or stopped. When your PC can’t establish a Teredo IPsec connection, you’ll be unable to use Xbox Live party chat service or do multiplayer gaming on Xbox Live.

Note Teredo IPsec connectivity is only necessary for Xbox Live party chat and multiplayer features. If your game doesn’t use the Xbox Live service, consult that game’s support site for help on chat and multiplayer issues.

Solutions

Try the following solutions in order. Move on to the next one only if the previous one didn’t resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Make sure you have an Internet connection

1. On your PC, launch the Xbox app.
  2. Select Settings > Network.
  3. Under Network status, make sure Internet connection says Connected.

If you don’t have an Internet connection, you’ll have to fix that before continuing with any additional troubleshooting.

Solution 2: Make sure Windows Firewall is enabled and that the default policy is active

Windows Firewall is required to establish a Teredo IPsec connection. Even if you use additional security software and firewalls, most of these will use Windows Firewall as a base. If for some reason your Windows Firewall has been disabled, you’ll have to enable it in order to use Xbox Live party chat and do multiplayer gaming.

To see if Windows Firewall is enabled:

1. Enter Windows Firewall in the search field on your toolbar (Cortana).
  2. Select Windows Firewall from the search results.
  3. On the left side of the window, select Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
  4. If Turn off Windows Firewall is selected for your network type (public, private, or domain), select Turn on Windows Firewall, and then select OK.

You may need to restart your PC.

To see if the Windows Firewall default policy is enabled:

1. Right-click the Start icon, and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. Run the following command from the Admin command prompt:

netsh advfirewall show currentprofile

If the following output is present, the default policy is active:

Firewall Policy     BlockInbound,AllowOutbound

3. If the Inbound Policy is set to AllowInbound, Teredo will be unable to establish an IPsec connection to other PCs or Xbox One consoles. To reset the firewall policy to the default, run the following command from the Admin command prompt:

netsh advfirewall set currentprofile firewallpolicy blockinbound,allowoutbound

Solution 3: See if you’re using one of the following security software programs

In some cases, the security software programs listed below have been found to interrupt a PC’s ability to establish Teredo IPsec connections. If you have one of these security programs on your PC, make sure you’ve updated the software to the latest version, or see the program’s support documentation to determine how to enable Teredo IPsec connectivity with their software.

Solution 4: See if the Windows services required for Xbox Live party chat and multiplayer gaming have been changed from their default values

Four key services are required for Xbox Live party chat and multiplayer gaming to function on Windows 10. If any of these services have been disabled, you’ll need to re-enable them.

To see if the required Windows services are enabled:

1. Enter Services in the search field on your toolbar (Cortana).
  2. Select Services from the search results.
  3. Check the Startup Type for the following services to ensure they’re set to their default values:
Service Name Default Startup Type
IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules Automatic (Trigger Start)
IP Helper Automatic
Xbox Live Auth Manager Manual
Xbox Live Networking Service Manual

If any of the services have been altered from their default values, you can set them back to their default values:

1. In the Services application, double-click the service name that’s been changed.
  2. In the Properties window, select the default value from the Startup type drop-down list.
  3. Under Service Status, select Start.
  4. Select OK to save the changes.

Some applications reconfigure PC settings to try to optimize performance and will disable Windows services in the process, sometimes affecting one or more of the four services listed above. If you use one of these PC optimization applications, make note of any service configuration changes it makes, as you may need to revert those settings to use Xbox Live party chat and multiplayer gaming.

Solution 5: See if your PC’s date or time setting is incorrect

Your PC will need to have an accurate date and time value to be able to establish a Teredo IPsec connection. The simplest way to ensure that your system has an accurate date and time value is to use the Set time automatically feature.

1. On your PC, press the Start button, then select Settings.
  2. Select Time & Language > Date & time.
  3. Under Set time automatically, make sure the button is set to On.

Solution 6: See if your PC has a firewall rule blocking Teredo network connectivity

Some VPN client software will create a Windows Firewall rule that will block Teredo connections until the rule is removed or disabled, and this rule isn’t always deleted when VPN software is uninstalled.

To check if this rule is set on your PC, and disable it:

1. Right-click the Start button, and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. Run the following command from the Admin command prompt:

netsh advfirewall firewall show rule 4jxr4b3r3du76ina39a98x8k2

If you get the following message, the firewall rule is not on your PC:

No rules match the specified criteria.

3. If you see a different message showing that the firewall rule is present, run the following command from the Admin command prompt:

netsh advfirewall firewall set rule name="4jxr4b3r3du76ina39a98x8k2" new enable=no

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

For me, it helped just to restore the default firewall settings by clicking in windows firewall: "Restore defaults"

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

IM having the same issue for the past month everything was working fine till 1 secong later game stopped going online.I maybe though it was just the xbox pc pass so i just stopped the services now i bought the game and installing it fresh to see if its game or windows. ive done fresh windows installs on my pc 5x in the last 2 weeks and reinstalled the game afew times also. done all google researches did everything with _cmd_ and services_ reset my whole modem messed around in settings and stuff pc and router.now just waiting for the new game to install. this has never happened to me not even with forza 7 or horizon 4 apex either.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes i did 2 nights ago.It wasn't teredo . 1.run cmd,ipconfig. Ipv4 subnetmask and gateway ip addresses. 2.network center Ethernet and options.change dns to 1.1.1.1 /1.0.0.1 .change ipv4 address with the cmd infomation and save it. 3.log into your router and give your pc full port access by enabling dmz you will need cmd info as well. 4.Xbox app log out from the account.sign in by making a new account play forza horizon untill you can access features save and done. My 3 month ipsec 0x00000000 is now gone.  Hope this helps. 3 months resetting Windows all my hardrives,messing in teredo and nothing worked till steps above.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

It seems that your problem is identical to mine, however your solution isn't very clearly explained. Would you mind running through it again as I'm lost at the dns step...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi guys,

i own the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition, the game is a blast and it runs smooth on 60 fps. But i cant join an online session or play with a friend.

The strange thing is i can download paint jobs for my cars and ofc my internet runs without problems in the background, i have no problems with other games.

What should i do now? Please help cause i want to play with a friend at least.

If anyone is having this issue on xbox one you can delete your saved data and let it sync from Microsoft. It fixed it for me. As for pc I don't know if that will work as U don't have a PC to use and test this.

Sorry this didn't help.