Firewall service disabled and can't enable it back

Firewall service is disabled and as you see above it's grayed out and i can't change anything , so i need help on how to fix this and turn it back on

Keep in mind that this issue occurred before installing an antivirus , but i recently installed kaspersky and ran a full scan to find out any virus or malware that may be causing this and then i cleaned and deleted everything that was a found but that didn't fix it , so it isn't an antivirus that blocking the firewall or a malware .

Hi Moha420 and thanks for reaching out. My name is Joseph. I'm an independent advisor. I'll be happy to help you out today.

I would suggest you refer to the below article and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Turn On or Off Windows Defender Firewall in Windows 10

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/70699-turn-...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for replying,

I have already tried these methods as i searched for and tried every method available but none of these works i believe due to the service being disabled

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Moha420,

Windows Defender AV and Windows Defender Firewall will be disabled automatically when a third-party antivirus product is installed and kept up to date.

1. Please uninstall the third-party antivirus software.
2. Restart your computer, and when it boots up, check to see whether or not the problem has been resolved.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I uninstalled the antivirus, although i know it isn't the problem as this problem occurred before installing the antivirus but just to make sure and it didn't change anything the windows defender service is still disabled in services and i can't enable it back 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Moha420,

I would suggest you refer to the below options and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Option 1. Run SFC and DISM commands

1. Press the Windows key, type in CMD right-click and click on "Run as an administrator".
2. Copy-paste: sfc /scannow
3. Press Enter. Wait until it completes.
4. Copy-paste: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
5. Press enter. Wait until it completes.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402652...

Option 2. Check for Windows update

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/402766...

Option 3. Do a repair install of Windows 10 with an in-place upgrade.

Summary

If your Windows 10 installation is demonstrating unusual behavior such as built-in apps not working or launching, you can perform a repair upgrade to fix the problem. A repair upgrade is a process of installing Windows 10 over the existing installation of Windows 10 on your hard disk, using Windows 10 installation media. Performing this can repair broken operating system files while preserving your personal files, settings, and installed applications.

You may try following these steps. Check this video tutorial for detailed instructions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l06XupVqH74

Thank you!

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Joseph, 

I really apreciate your help so far, WIndows in-place upgrade download is stuck at 0% when i searched out to find a solution i found that windows firewall needs to be working for me to use this media creation tool which is already my problem

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Moha420,

I would suggest you refer to the below options and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Option 1. Perform a clean boot in Windows

Summary

A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. This is similar to starting Windows in Safe Mode but provides you more control over which services and programs run at startup to help you isolate the cause of a problem.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/929135...

Option 2. Fix Unable to Activate Windows Defender Firewall

https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-unable-to-a...

Thank you!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 27, 2024 Views 2,989 Applies to: