Firewall and Network Protection tab options are all greyed out

Hi all,

Recently had my laptop fixed and returned, everything had gotten reset so I re-downloaded a game that required a UDP Port. The Port was being blocked by my firewall and so I opened up my firewall tab through the steps: (The red boxes in the pictures show that they cannot be clicked on.)

Windows Start Button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Open Windows Security > Firewall & Network Protection.

From here, if I scrolled to the bottom, all the options are greyed out and cannot be clicked. It's the same in Control Panel too

Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall.

Here all the options on the left side column are bolded out and cannot be clicked either.

I have also tried disabling firewall in Services, by right-clicking Properties. However, that also failed.

I'm the Administrator on this laptop so it's really confusing as to why I cannot access it, I feel it might be because I have McAfee installed so it has just prevented me from accessing these options. But even so anything I've tried doesn't seem to allow me to change the settings, any help would be much appreciated. 

Hi MargaretHx,
I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Yes, Mcafee disabled both Windows Defender AV as well as Firewall. You should Firewall of Mcafee in this case.

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.
Sincerely yours,
Vijay A. Verma @ https://excelbianalytics.com

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 8,281 Applies to: