Finding my taskbar

Hi there I've had this problem for a few hours where my taskbar has disappeared with no trace of it. I try using windows keys but my windows keys don't work, I try going to taskmanager and i don't see explorer there. I can't open up cmds or do Win + r or W + I. I tried doing a backup from before this occurred and I still don't have my taskbar. I can't even right click on my desktop because my display settings and personalisation cannot be reached because I need to fix it on settings but I can't get to settings. Please can somebody help me because this is just a total nightmare to deal with. If it means anything when I hover my cursor where my taskbar would be it has the blue circle like it's loading but nothing comes from it.

|

Hello. Yes. This sounds like your file explorer has crashed or has a issue.

I would buy a external hard drive for back-up reasons as a just in case.

OK. The fix. >>>>

Press and hold >

CTRL + ALT + DEL

> Arrow down to choose Taskmanager press enter > Choose Run new task > C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

[in cmd.exe]>

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

start explorer.exe

explorer.exe C:\

exit

There now you can make a backup of your important cat photos.

I would also would run a defrag_gui and check boot settings.

MSI_Katana_17_B13VFK=[i7_13620H,16GB,8GB_GPU,1TB_NVMe]
I am a normal answers member 😁
🐈 Cattery_Devloper 🐈

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, Hayden,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

Usually, this problem is caused by corrupted files on Windows. You can use these commands to find and repair the corrupted files.

1-Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager
2-Click on "Run new task"
3-Type: cmd.exe
4-Check the option "Create this task with administrative privileges" and click on OK
5-Then run these commands:
sfc /scannow (and press Enter)
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth (and press Enter)
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth (and press Enter)

3- The DISM tool will report whether the image is healthy, repairable, or non-repairable. If the image is repairable, you can use the /RestoreHealth argument to repair the image.
4-Type this command and press Enter:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
5-Reboot your PC and check if the problem is fixed

If you cannot open the Command Prompt from the Task Manager, you can use the Windows Recovery Environment.
1-Restart your computer while holding the "Shift” button
2-The Advanced Startup menu will open on the boot.
3-Go to Troubleshoot.
4-Now, go to Advanced Options >Command prompt
5-Run these commands:
chkdsk c: /f /r (and press Enter)
sfc /scannow (and press Enter)
6-When finished close the command prompt then click to return to the first screen
7-Click to continue to normal boot

I hope this information helps. If you have any questions or the problem persists, please let me know and I'll be glad to assist you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi thanks for this it seemed to work as I can now open up tabs like steam, epic games etc but my taskbar is still not there. Have you anything else to further help? My windows key still doesn't work. Update: When I closed the tasks and tried to reopen them it didn't work so now I'm basically back where I began.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there thanks for reaching out I've tried both options and I still don't see my taskbar and my windows keys doesn't work. Have you got any other ideas?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Try to start the Explorer process and check if your desktop will load.

1-Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager
2-Click on "Run new task"
3-Type: explorer.exe
4-Check the option "Create this task with administrative privileges" and click on OK

If you can load your desktop and open the browser, you can use the Windows ISO to perform the repair upgrade. This procedure will repair all Windows files, apps, services, and registry keys.

1-Download the Windows 11 ISO at this link.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-downlo...
2-Double-click your ISO file, and click on the setup.exe file.
3-You may be prompted by User Account Control. Click on Yes if so.
4-In the Install Windows 11 dialog, click on Change how Setup downloads updates.
5-Select "Not right now". This will save you from downloading a new build (if available). Click Next.
6-Setup will check your PC and show a license agreement. Click on Accept in the license terms dialog.
7-Wait for the setup program to check for the available free space.
8-On the Ready to install page, click the Change what to keep.
9-Now, you can select Keep personal files and apps, Keep personal files only, and Nothing. Also, Nothing is the only option that will be available if your installation media doesn't match the installed Windows 11 version or language.

Note: It is safe to close the setup wizard at this step and cancel the repair install process. Otherwise, you won't be able to cancel it later. Finally, click Next.
10-Click on Install to start the repair install of Windows 11.

If this procedure also fails, you will need to use another computer to create a bootable flash drive with the Windows installation and perform a custom installation of Windows.

As long as you do not format the C: drive in the Setup, you will not lose your data, but they will be moved to another location. After the installation, you can find a folder Windows.old in the root directory of C: drive. All your files are saved there.

Note: This procedure only will keep the personal files, all software and apps need to be reinstalled.

1-Create a USB device with an installation image.
You can create using the media creation tool, download it on this link.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-downlo...
2-Enter on BIOS/UEFI and change to boot from the USB device.
3-Click "Install Now".
4- Type your product key or skip it. Usually, your computer will be activated automatically when it's connected to a network if you install the same version of Windows as before.
5- Select the installation type "Custom".
6- Select the C: drive and click Next to proceed. Then, wait patiently until the installation is complete 100%.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 41 Applies to: