File path appdata/roaming/fahtvbe command prompt popup constantly

I am getting weird command prompt popup with unknown folder name when I use windows 7. I even upgrade to windows 10 but same problem. I run the virus and malware scan many times but this still popup. Very annoying. When cmd popup as black screen and after awhile .NET Framework show up and disappear.

File path: c:/user/pc name/appdata/roaming/fahtvbe

Hi, I'm Robinson, an Independent Advisor and a Windows user like you.
You can use Autoruns Program to check to disable the autorun this prompt

1-Download the Autoruns for Windows v13.100
https://download.sysinternals.com/files/Autorun...

2-Extract the files and click Autoruns and wait for it to load auto-run entries.
3-Type fahtvbe in the Filter field. If fahtvbe is configured to auto-open on startup, it will be displayed. To disable the auto-start entry, uncheck the checkbox beside it.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/d...

Another solution is to delete this folder.
1-Right-click on Start then click on Run
2-Type: %AppData% and click on OK
3-Search for the folder fahtvbe and delete that

29 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Robinson. Thank you for your reply.

I tried to run auto-run program but there was no file name by fahtvbe. I even check the hidden file and nothing there. I will try to delete appdata to see if the cmd popup problem resolve. Do you think this is some kind of new virus or malware?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can use the free version of Malwarebytes to scan your pc.
https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thank...

You must delete only the fahtvbe folder, this may be a folder left by software that has been removed.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Robinson. Thank you for your reply.

I tried to run auto-run program but there was no file name by fahtvbe. I even check the hidden file and nothing there. I will try to delete appdata to see if the cmd popup problem resolve. Do you think this is some kind of new virus or malware?

Hey,

i had the same issue, but i think i got it. When you are in appdata/roaming even if you can see hidden folders you CAN´T see hidden operationsystem files. to see these you click on the "options" or "folder options" button to the right of the visability options. Then a new box comes up. choose "viewing" or something like that, mine is in swedish. In the drop down, uncheck the box that makes opterating systems files invisible and boom, that freeeeaking file shows up. although i havent deleted it yet since the warnning says it might mess up my whole windows haha. good luck chuck

30 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

it worked for me! after a reboot im finnaly free of that damn screen. you have to uncheck the box that makes systemoperating files invisible. only then will you find your file.

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks a Lot John-MichaelMayol Your solution did work! So basically i was getting similar CMD pop ups titled C:\\Users\Shubham\Appdata\Roaming\tivghbr. So as John adviced I opened the roaming folder found in C Drive >Users>"profile Name'>Appdata>Roaming. Simply opened the view tab and then click on options and go in the view tab and uncheck "hide protected operating system files. You will get a pop as shown in the attached pic stating might make computer inoperable. Just click on "Yes" and then you will find your file whatever tivghbr file visible in that Roaming Folder as an .exe file. Just shift+del it and its done. No more stupid pop-ups.

After the work is done and the pc is fine, just go in the folder view tab again and check the option which we unchecked to remove the file, Just to be safe from deleting any actually important windows files.

Below are the SS of the CMD Pop Up and the View Tab Setting and Warning screen.

You're Welcome.ImageImage

36 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 5, 2024 Views 14,272 Applies to: